4.

Sunday
Dear Diary,

Life is okay as usual. Today is the day of my sister's funeral. It's so sad she had to wait this long to die. I know I sound cruel, but she was always cold and she even told me that she was dead on the inside. I also found out why she died. Some overdose at a party. She was suppose to be in bed, but had jump through the window to go to the party. That's one of the reasons I don't go to parties. They are too wild. Anyways, later. Nate is here and I need to go to my sister's funeral before mom buries me as well. Bye new diary. I will give you a name at another time.

AMBER

"Hey," Nate greets me as I make my way down the stairs.

"Hey yourself," I greet back with a smile.

"Someone is happy," he says standing up from the couch.

"I have finally wrote in my diary," I respond with the clap of my hands.

"Well, it's great you are actually taking the therapist advice," he says as my mom comes into the living room with tea.

"Thank you Mrs. Addison," Nate nods to mom as she hands him the cup of tea.

"No problem Nate," she gives him a sad smile.

"Honey, let's leave now," Dad says joining us. "Are you ready, Amber darling?"

"Ready as I will ever be," I sigh. "How about you Nate?"

"Yep," he says emptying his cup. "Thanks again Mrs. Addison."

"Sure thing, Nate," mom says taking his cup. "You know you can just call me Ashley."

"Okay Mrs-Ashley," he says throwing his arm around my neck.

My father's eyes narrow at Nate's arm around my neck, but Nate seems oblivious to it.

"Okay," my mom sighs coming back. "Let's go."

We come out of the house. I drive with Nate while mom and dad drives by themselves. Usually, on television you would see the rain fall when there's a funeral or something, but today is a little sunny. It isn't hot, but cool and bright. Perfect day for camping or having a barbecue in the backyard. Definitely not for a funeral. Lucky thing I am wearing a black dress with cool material or else I think I would be soak with my perspiration.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?"

"Huh?" I turn to Nate, just realizing he was in the car with me.

"You were looking out the window with such intensity," he says keeping his eyes on the road. "I just felt like commenting on the weather."

"Oh," I say. "I was just thinking it is such a beautiful day for camping or barbecue."

"Too perfect for a funeral," he says.

"Exactly what I was thinking." I nod and then turn to look back through the window.

"I bet that the entire school will be at the funeral," he says.

"Probably," I reply not looking at him. "They all seemed sorry enough."

"I like your honesty," he says out of the blue. I finally look at him, feeling my cheek burn with whiplash. "You're the only one I know who hasn't lied to me about anything and I like it."

"I don't know what else to say," I respond facing back the window. "You are the first person who likes honesty. Everyone always seem to draw to the one who tells the best lies."

"Well, that is their loss," he says. "I prefer to hurt from the truth rather than be comforted with a lie."

"Okay," I nod. "Good point."

"When are you going to therapy again?" He asks.

"Probably this Saturday coming ," I reply. "Want to come with me?"

"Is that even allowed?" He asks.

"Of course it is," I say facing him. He gives me a side glance. "She even encourages it."

"Oh," he nods in understanding. "No problem."

He then parks the car in the church parking lot. He turns to look at me. I lift an eyebrow at him.

"I know you say you don't feel anything for your sister, but this is a hard blow," he says sternly.

"I don't need another lecture from anyone else, Nate," I complain. "I have had enough to serve me a lifetime."

"Amber, listen to me," he holds my hand and I look into his eyes, all amusement gone. "I lost my brother when I was in prep school. We never agreed with each other and the day he died, we had an argument. He was in the hospital at the time. I argued with my brother on his death bed..."

"Nate-"

"Let me finish," he says. "I cried at his funeral because seeing him being buried in the ground was the last blow. He wasn't coming back again."

"So what are you saying?" I ask.

"I want you to know that letting a tear fall isn't the worse thing in the world," he says. "It helps you to move on, so don't be afraid to cry."

A/N: The song for this chapter is Tears Fall by Jacquie Lee. Thanks for reading, please vote and tell me what you think of the story thus far.

1999beauty
All rights reserved