24.

I step through the wide open double doors of my school with my knapsack slung over my shoulder before I groan out loud. My mom smile widely at me as she opens the door of her Land Rover. I roll my eyes as Ramona's mouth slightly open at the sight of her.

"I didn't know you were that wealthy," she says and I sigh watching others passing curious glances at my mother.

"I'm not," I shrug walking towards her. "My mother just has a relatively expensive vehicle for a tv show and movie producer."

I walk up to my mother and glare at her. She didn't need to make such a front entrance and make everyone know my business. I am quite happy with no one knowing who my mother is.

Or maybe that's what she wants, I think as she flashes me a proud grin.

"This is so unnecessary," I tell her as she comes into the vehicle and start the engine. "You could have easily waited around the corner or something."

"And why would I do that?" She asks grinning devilishly at the road. "Are you ashame of me dear?"

"Stop that, okay?!" I say to her. "Stop being all nice and acting like you care 'cause you don't, so stop trying. It is way too much."

"Well, I am offended," she scoffs, faking hurt. "Of course I care about you. I love you."

I roll my eyes as I turn to the window. She is such a fake. If she wasn't my mother, I think I would have killed myself already. Didn't she say that when I was a baby I cut myself with a razor and troubled bleach? Maybe I was already trying to kill myself. How can persons deal with her on a daily basis? Her poor co-workers.

"Well, that talk was pointless," I sigh against the glass causing it to fog. "This day I can already predict is going to be horrible."

"What did you say, Amber?" She says as she parks the car in front of the most expensive mall that I know of in the country.

I turn to her. You got to be kidding. The mall is where every rich girly girl goes to spend ridiculous amount of money and have consultants fawn over them.

"Nothing mom," I flash her a fake smile and she smiles back which I find annoying. "Just can't wait to get shopping."

"That's the spirit, my girl," she says as we walk into the mall together. She places a hand on my shoulder and I immediately flinch at the contact. "We can both fix you up to perfection."

I wonder who is she referring to 'we' but I don't get the chance to ask as she gestures to a smiling consultant lady. Well, this is my death sentence. If this woman is smiling so much this is definitely going to be a horrible day. For me at least.

"Hello Miss Addison," the consultant stretches out her hand for me to shake, but I frown at it instead, keeping my hands firmly by my sides. "Okay then, let's get you all pampered and dolled."

"Mom, what do you mean by perfection?" I lean into my mother and whisper as the consultant led the way to a private room. "I think I am perfect how I am and the last time I went to the church, the preacher said no one is perfect but God."

"When since you started listening to preachers," she says to me looking a little surprised which I find weird. "I thought you said they were all hypocrites."

"They are," I reply as we enter the private room with a runway. "That doesn't mean what they all are saying are lies. I do my research and read the bible, you know."

"I didn't know," she says, but doesn't get to finish as the consultant tells me to go undress in the dressing room and put on a robe while she and my mother went to pick out clothes for me.

I go inside the dressing room. I don't see why I should be changing when they haven't even put any clothes in the room. My mind isn't even into all this change. I am glad that I actually have some privacy though.

"Okay," the consultant then comes in with a pile of clothes that are considered to be 'fashionable'. "Here are some clothes your mother and I picked out. Put them on and come out when you are ready," she then frowns when she inspects me from head to toe. "Why aren't you undressed?"

"Well, that is suppose to let you know that I want my privacy," I spat back. "Or maybe it just shows that I am not dumb enough to strip when I haven't even seen the clothes that I am suppose to put on."

"Well, okay," her smile now a little more strained and I smile in triumph. "Your mother and I will be waiting." She eyes me with a death glare before closing the door.

I get up and look at the blouse at the top of the pile they picked out for me to try on. Oh yeah, this is going to be a horrible day. I can't believe they call this fashionable. I drop the blouse back on the pile of clothes before sitting on the only comfy chair in the room. The place I would probably be happy at right now is at home curled up in my bed studying for my classes the next day. Well, there is no such luck for me.

Great.

A/N: Thanks for reading and leave your comments about the story. Please vote and show your support. Thanks again.

1999beauty
All rights reserved.