38.

I frown as I look down at the opened book in front of me. This is the time to carve a pumpkin and I don't have the slightest idea of what I am doing.

"Need a little help?" someone wraps their arms around me.

I turn to see a smiling blonde boy. I roll my eyes fighting back a smile. He is such an idiot.

"Obviously not," I retort with a mock glare. "I am going to need a whole lot of help."

A glint in his eyes start to shine even brighter and I narrow my eyes at him. What is he up to? It is times like these that I wish I am a mind-reader. A whole lot of good that will do for me. Probably a lot of bad for others. But who cares.

"Tell you what," he says with his hand on the small of my back as he leads me around the counter to sit on one of the stools. "I do everything and you watch."

"I hate it when you do everything," I tell him sounding like a whiny baby, but not caring.

He laughs as he closes the book on how to carve a pumpkin and throws it across the room where it rests safely on the couch. He grins at me seeing my impressed look. I roll my eyes.

"You really are a cocky footballer," I mutter under my breath, but he catches every syllabus.

"Comes with the title," he tells me before taking up his utensils. "Now watch and learn baby."

"Can you quit calling me that," I say more of a statement than a question.

He smirks at me and I know it is foolish I even say anything about it. "Nope."

I am just grateful he doesn't say anything else stupid or what just proves how much of an ass he is.

"You can call me baby or honey too." And there goes the Nathan Jackass Saunders I know.

"Glad to know you never changed." He gives me a wicked grin that I am pretty sure charmed the panties off every girl. But I just roll my eyes.

"Wish I could say the same about you." And for the, unfortunately, millionth times, he is actually right. I have changed. I just don't know how.

"Hey, are you paying attention," he snaps me out of my thoughts and I mock glare at him.

"Yeah, and I was calculating how long it will take me to clean this place up when you are done." I tell with a teasing smile on my lips.

"Could be ten minutes," he shrugs, giving the pumpkin his attention. "But with me it will definitely take a couple hours."

He gives me a sly grin and before I know it, I throw a handful of candy at him which is definitely a sad mistake on my part.

»¢«

"You know I won't be mad at you if you go to that party." I tell him as I blow dry my wet hair and watch him as he shaves his face in the mirror.

I still don't understand why he can't use his own bathroom. He is just lucky it is his house, for I would have kicked him out a long time ago. And I am this close of ignoring that fact and kicking him out anyways.

"If I didn't know better," he says stopping to look at me with a grin. He has been grinning a lot lately. I wonder if I am missing something here. "I would think you are trying to get rid of me."

"Well, you really need to know better." I tell him, unplugging the blow dryer and running the brush through my hair.

He laughs and continues to shave the cream off his face. I roll my eyes wondering why I agreed to us being friends again.

"I told you before and I am telling you for the thousandth time," he says looking me squarely into the eyes in the mirror. "I am not going if you aren't."

"Oh please," I say putting up the blow dryer and putting my hair up in a low sloppy ponytail. "You are a party animal. I am sure you want to get drunk and eat a lot of candy on Halloween."

He seems to be finished now as he washes his face and dries off looking at me.

"The only candy I want is the one you are offering." He says with a smirk and I fight the nagging urge of slapping him. Is there ever a time I can forget about his arrogance? Glaring at him right now, I realize he wouldn't allow it. He has too much of a large ego for that.

"It's downstairs near the front entrance in a bowl." I tell him and then walk out.

I don't hear anything from him which I take to be a good sign and walk downstairs to the kitchen for some sweets. I really have a sweet tooth and it is on an addiction span right now.

The bell then rings as I take a piece of chocolate truffle in my mouth. I groan and quickly reach the door hoping to beat Nate's butler, but I reach to see a smiling butler. I frown wondering why he hasn't answered the door, but he gestures to the door, definitely giving me the honor. I wonder if he just waits behind the door all day or something. He must have a secret in reaching here so fast. I didn't even pass him on my way here and I am not a slow runner. Thinking it is parents trick or treating with their kids, I open the door with a bowl in hand to meet the shocking.

"Happy Halloween, Amber," Ramona says with a grin and gives me a hug. "You didn't think we would be anywhere without you."

She then marches in with smiling faced minions with all sorts of Halloween goodies and movies.

Well, Happy Halloween.

I shake my head as I close the door behind them and follow suit.

A/N: A little before New Year's present. What are your resolutions for the new year?

1999beauty
All rights reserved.