5.

Monday
Dear Diary,

Yesterday was bearable. My best friend was by my side throughout the funeral, so I didn't feel too awkward. The day had went by agonizing slow. Nate was right, the entire school population was at the funeral including teachers and utility workers. Everyone was all about pity. Even one of my friends, Terry was more pitiful than usual. I get it she was my sister and died and all, but there is no need to overdo it. It's the same thing that caused Kayla to die. Overdoing it. To tell you the truth, I wanted to cry. Badly. But the only reason I wanted to cry was because I felt annoyed and really wanted to be left alone. The only person who actually helped me was Nathan. He is such a good friend. He made me laugh and for a couple moments, forget about what was going on. My parents weren't any better. I had to pretend I cared and try to look sad and gloomy just so they wouldn't get on my case. The best part of the day was the little get together at the hotel where we ate, drank and laughed. Persons still reminded you about the funeral, but it wasn't that often. Nate drove me home later that evening. I told him I deeply appreciated him and gave him a hug. I was never the type to hug, but it felt good to finally hug someone. I think I am depending on Nate too much. I mean, I hug him and what's next? I hand him my life. It was better I did nothing. Anyways, he knew how rarely I hug someone and hugged me back. Only that he hugged me a little longer than necessary. I guess he wants to take as much as he could get. It won't happen again, but it reminded me of how cold I was. That's it for now new diary. A blast from the past. I just got up and haven't even brushed my teeth yet. Lucky thing I don't take the bus. Change no. 1, no early morning quarreling. Later, name you tomorrow.

AMBER

As usual, I was at school early. Nate called earlier making sure I was okay. I don't like special treatment, but it was cute. I didn't eat any breakfast this morning since mom and dad went to work together leaving nothing for me to eat and I am tired of omelets and cereals. The last time I looked about pancakes, the house almost burn down and I was grounded for a month, so that's out of the options. Nate's car was in the parking lot, so seeing him in my classroom wasn't a surprise.

"Hey, early bird," I greet. "Why are you always in my first class even when we don't have that class together?"

"Does it really matter?" He asks. "And why the nickname?"

"I guess not," I shrug. "I just realize that you come earlier than me and I am jealous."

"Well, that would be great," he says looking up from a math worksheet. "You could help me with my homework more often."

"You know what?" I say sliding into the seat beside him. "I'll pass. I need my beauty sleep."

"I thought so," he says giving me a satisfied grin. "Anyways, you know that this week is all about you and your dead sister?"

"Haven't they gotten over that already?" I groan grabbing his math worksheet and looking at it. "We got this from last week Wednesday."

"No, they want to talk about how good they looked yesterday at the funeral," he says. "And I know, that suppose to make your work helping me easier."

"Whatever, how does how they look at the funeral has anything to do with me and Kay?" I look at him.

"It's not just how they look, it's about how you look," he says. "What your family was wearing? How nice was the funeral? How expensively dressed your sister was in the coffin? How expensive everything was?"

"So, basically, it's just a show off thing?" I ask. "Everything here is right Nate. You don't need my help."
"Just wanted to double check," he laughs taking back the math worksheet. "And yes. It's all just to boast. Only the rich will survive."

Just then the bell rang and students started to come through the door waving in my direction.

"Are you ready?" He asks gathering his things. "For today?"

"Does it really matter?" I ask. "It'll be ready for me whether or not I am ready."

"Good point," he shrugs. "Later, see you next class session."

"Yeah," I wave as he exits the classroom.

"Oh my God! You're in Kayla's seat!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim and I knew my day was only going to get much worse.

A/N: Thanks for reading. Continue to show your support by voting and telling me what you think.

1999beauty
All rights reserved