40.

"Give it." I say giving him a blatant glare. What does he think he is doing holding my suitcase captive?

"One more day." He pleads and I immediately soften.

"I will see you at school tomorrow," I tell him with a smile. "Now, suitcase please."

"How about you send your suitcases home and spend the rest of the day with me?" He suggests grabbing me around the waist and crushing my small frame into his hard body. Okay that wasn't expected.

"What do you think you are doing?" I ask trying to elude confidence, but the acceleration of my heart at being so close to him is almost deafening and causing me to soften.

"Thinking out loud," I roll my eyes at him, trying to not act touched by what he says. He knows I am insane over Ed Sheeran. Not a whole lot of people know that. "When your lips don't work like they use to before and I can't sweep you off of your feet," I find us now swaying to his not bad singing. I roll my eyes. He can be so impossible to handle. He grins at me as if he knows what I am thinking. "Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?" He continues to sing, suitcase forgotten as his other hand is now in mine.

"Darling I, will, be loving you til we're seventy," he continues to sing and as much as I feel embarrassed at this moment, his singing is getting better. And it is kind of cute. "And baby, my, heart can fall less hard, at twenty-three. And I'm thinking about how people fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just a touch of a hand," he looks down at our entwined hands and I follow his gaze and he grins. I really want to take my hand out of his, but I don't. I will let him have his moment. Not like I am enjoying this or anything. Oh please.

"Well, me I fall in love with you every single day and I just want to tell you I ammmm," I find myself singing. That did not happen. I can't believe I just sang. Nate's grin grows even wider and he puts both of my hands around his neck and put both of his on my waist.

"So honey nowww," he takes over now and I feel even more embarrassed. He can't be really going to finish the song, is he? Those songs are for lovers, not best friends. But before I can protest and come out of his hold, he is singing again. "Take me into your loving arms, kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, place your hand on my beating heart," he proceeds to put my hand on his rock hard chest where I feel his heart racing. Is he nervous? Nope, his ego is too large for that. "I'm thinking out loud, maybe, we, found love, right where we are."

I roll my eyes as he leans in closer. I look into his eyes and I see something I am not use to in them. Admiration? I really don't know what it is, but it went away in a flash as the sound of his mother's voice echoed through the hall.

"Awwwww!" The blush that I have been fighting has now taken over my face. I immediately buried my face into his chest mortified, but I realize that is the wrong move all too late. "You both look so cute together."

"Are you both official now?" Nate's father is the next voice I hear right after Mrs. Saunders and my cheeks get even hotter against and I instinctively bury myself deeper into his chest. The fact that they act so casual as if they were expecting it to happen sooner or later. I don't even care how this looks right now. I am pretty sure I have enough humiliation today to serve me a lifetime.

"Um, well, she hasn't answered me yet," he says and I immediately look up at him and he stares back at me. What is he doing? He then looks up sheepishly at his parents. I turn around to look at them and for the first time, Mr. Saunders smiles at me while his wife beams at me. How can I say no to that? That it was all a big misunderstanding?

"Why wouldn't I want to be your girlfriend?" I say, giving Nate the best fake grin I can muster.

"That is just wonderful!" Nate's mother exclaims. "This calls for champagne!"

Mr. Saunders looks from Nate to me and back again to his son with a smile.

"Let me get those glasses." He says walking away to do as promised, I presume.

"If mom is excited now, imagine our wedding," Nate says softly into my ear just as his father begins to walk away.

I elbow him in his belly, or rather abs, and I roll my eyes at his fake groan. This is going to haunt me and it is nowhere near good. Then why do I feel so giddy and happy?

A/N: Third update even though I didn't get the vote, but I just really want to put this up. Tell me what you all think by voting and commenting.

1999beauty
All rights reserved.