22.

We are here
Ed Sheeran is here
I am here...staring at Ed Sheeran.

I open my mouth to scream and shout, but nothing comes out. Luckily, the crowd is already doing that and letting him know he has die hearted fans out there. He begins to play and I swear I can't hold in my excitement. This isn't a movie or fantasy. This is real. Pinch and you won't wake up kind of real. I feel numb and finally, I find my voice, but it's way too soft to be heard. Years of hardly talking can do that to someone.

"Here," I spin around to see Nate handing me a coke. "Drink this, it might help keep your nerves down a little. You have been fidgeting since we were in the car."

"Thanks Nate!" I had to shout a little so he could hear me above the noise even though we are on the stage and watching my favorite artist as we are hid carefully from the crowd. "Sorry, I didn't realize I was fidgeting. Thanks for noticing though."

"Sure," he shrugs with a tight lipped smile as I take the offered drink from him.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He was acting a little weird. I know he isn't as big of a fan as I am of Ed Sheeran, but he usually doesn't seem so far away. "You aren't acting like yourself."

This gets me a warm smile and he gives me a shake of his head before leaning down to my ear. I feel so short right now.

"I am perfectly fine, Amber," he says softly, but I can still hear him. "Just enjoy the concert."

I nod before turning around to hear Ed Sheeran begin to sing One. I love this song like it's a my baby. Instantly, I begin to sing along just as lovestruck as the rest of the crowd.

"Tell me that you turn down the man who ask for your hand 'cause you waiting for me. And I know you gonna be away awhile, but I've got no plans at all to leave, would you take away my hopes and dreams and just staayyy with me, ohhhh," I sing feeling tears leak down my cheeks. It's such a emotional song. I then let my voice go a pitch higher as we reach the chorus. "All my senses come to life, when I'm stumbling home as drunk as I have ever been and I'll never leave again. 'Cause you are the only one. And all my friends have come to find another place to let their hearts collide, just promise me you'll never leave again. 'Cause you are the only one..."

I am crying hysterically now as he continues and I can't believe how emotionally I am. This is way out of control. Someone hands me a handkerchief and I take it without looking up, knowing that scent anywhere.

"Thanks Nate," I sniff as I blow my nose into the handkerchief. "I think I am going to need more than one of these though."

He chuckles behind me and I feel the vibrations from his chest. I realize he is way too close, but before I can react in anyway, he's gone and back with a box of Kleenex in a matter of seconds.

"I don't think the handkerchiefs would last or do much good, so here," he says with a smile as I finally look up at him and I take the book of tissues.

"Thanks," I say to him, but my attention is snap back to the stage as Ed Sheeran begins his next song, Photograph and I am crying again.

>¢<

"I owe you one, Nate," I say coming out of Ed Sheeran's bus with my autographed shirts, pictures and other Ed Sheeran items. "Or maybe a whole lot." I tease seeing him with all the baggage of items even though both my hands are full also.

"It was no big deal," he shrugs, but I realize that he hasn't been himself lately. Something is wrong with him and I will be damn if I don't figure it out. "Just glad you are happy." Sure doesn't seem like it.

"Of course I am happy, Nate," I bump my shoulder against his playfully. "I got to speak with Ed Sheeran and I have all these goodies to prove for it. And let's not forget the amount of pictures I took of us with him."

"Okay," he says as we rich the car and he opens it. We load it up with all these items. "Whatever you say."

"What are you not telling me?" I ask him as soon as he finally locks the trunk after putting some of the things in the back seat of the car. The disadvantages of a sports car. He obviously ignores the question.

"Nate," I grab his wrist before he goes into the vehicle which surprisingly stops him effectively. "What am I not figuring out here?"

He turns to look at me with those eyes of his which I know to be blue. I instantly take a sharp intake of breath at the intensity and pitch darkness of his eyes. I blink my eyes to make sure it isn't just me not seeing properly because of the darkness or me hallucinating from the excitement of meeting Ed Sheeran. But before I can press him anymore, he gets in the car.

"I'm just tired," he simply says. "Let's go home."

I nod as I get in the car finding this unusual, but keeping quiet. I just hope he is telling the truth and this isn't anything I should worry about. Funny how it is always him who is there to cheer me up and figure out my problems. Now it's vice versa. The tables really do turn.

A/N: If I missed anything with the Ed Sheeran song, One, let me know. Thanks for reading and please vote as well as comment.

1999beauty
All rights reserved.