A Little Suspense

"Thanks for dropping me off, Gil." Matthew took his bags from his older brother's friend and smiled.
The blonde's best friend, Alfred, was busy and so Francis gave Gilbert the honour of dropping his little brother off for his trip.
Gilbert knew that Francis had an ulterior motive to this. It was obvious that the albino had been head over heels for Mattie for a while.
"No problem, Birdie...um..."
"Yes?"
"I vas vondering if jou needed a ride for vhen jou come back..."
"I was going to ask Alfie...but if you wanted to do it..."
"Ja! I vould love to...if jou vant...I mean."
"Thanks, by." The little Birdie beamed at him. Gilbert blushed.
"Hey, Birdie..."
"Yeah, Gil?"
This was his chance.
He leaned forward, scooping Mattie's face upward by the chin and pressing their lips together.
They only kissed for a second, not long enough to allow Matthew to kiss back.
"So...vhat do jou zhink?"
Mattie was bright red, but Gil wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment or from flattery.
"Last call for flight 107." A voice on the intercom warned them.
"Oh crap. I've got to go. See you in two weeks, okay?" Matthew turned and walked toward the gates.
"But Birdie, vhat about mein qvestion?"
"I'll tell you when I get back." He called over his shoulder. "A little suspense could be fun, eh?"