Chapter 5

John's POV

"That's an academic club."
"So," I stated.
"So academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs," she noted.
"Ahh, but to the dorks like him they are."
"What do you guys do in your club," I question.
He stutters, "well in physics, we uh, we uh talk about physics, the properties of physics."
"So it's sort of social, demented and sad, but social right?" I cut in.
"Ya well I guess you could consider it as a social situation, um I mean there are other children in my club, and uh at the end of the year we have uh a big banquet at the uh, at the uh Hilton."
"Ya load up, Ya party."
"No we uh we get dressed, but I mean we uh don't get high."
"Only burners like you two get high," queenie sassed.
"And uh I didn't have any shoes so,I uh had to borrow my dads which was kind of weird cause my mom doesn't like me wearing other people's shoes. Then uh my cousin ken- kendal, he's from Indiana, he got high once, you know he uh started to eat really weird food, and he felt like he didn't belong anywhere, like twilight zone kinda."
"Sounds like you." Prom queen said to me.
"Look, you guys keep talkin' and Vernon is gonna come right in here, I got a big meet this Saturday and I'm not gonna miss it on the count of you bone heads," sporto butted in.
"Oh and wouldnt that be a bite, ugh missing a whole wrestling meet, uh."
"Well you wouldn't know anything about it fagot, you've never competed in your life."
I could tell what he just said to me really caught Stevie's attention, she looked so pissed, but she's still so, beautiful. She understands why I am the way I am, I mean we both have abusive parents, well only her father is abusive, and nobody likes us. All the time she came to school with sunglasses on and she was told to take them off, people started to make fun of her for the way her father  treats her. If I find out that he touches her again, I swear I will kill him.
I started to fake cry to answer sporto's response.
"Oh I know and I'm all empty inside because I have a such deep admiration for guys who roll on the floor with other guys."
"Ah you'd never miss it, you don't have any goals."
"Oh but I do."
"Yeah?"
"I wanna be just like you, all I figure I need is a labotmy, and some tights."
"You wear tights?" Stevie remarked.
"No I don't wear tights, I wear the required uniform." Sporto corrected.
"Tights," Stevie said.
"Shut up," sporto said, as Stevie just smirked.
Dick came out of his office and I hurried and sat between the populars. Once he's gone I make noises and jump out of the seat making my way to the door.
"Hey Bender there isn't suppose to be any monkey business."
I turn around to the nerd in the green sweater and say, "young man have you finished your paper?"