Chapter 12

Andrew' POV
"Yeah you know him" I ask Brian
"Yeah I know him."
"Then you know how harry he is right, well when they pulled the tape off, must of his hair came off and some skin."
"Oh my God." Claire mumbles
"And the bizarre thing is that I did it for my old man. I tortured this poor kid  because I want him to think that I was cool. He was always going off about, you know when he was in school and all the wild things he used to do. And I got the feeling that he was disappointed that I never cut lose in anyone right. So I'm sitting in the locker room, taping up my knee, and Larry's undressing a couple if lockers down from me. And he's kind of skinny, weak and I started thinking about my father and his attitude about weakness. And the next thing I knew, I jumped on top of him and started wailing on him, and my friends, they just laughed and cheered me on. And afterwards, when I was sitting in Vernon's office, all I could think about was Larry's father and Larry having to go home and explain what happened to him." As I start to cry, they all look like their about to also.
"And the humiliation, fucking humiliation he must of felt, must of been unreal. I mean how do you apologize for something like that, there's no way. It's all because of me and my old man. God I fucking hate him, he's like this mindless machine that I can't even relate to anymore. Andrew! You've got to be number 1! I won't tolerate any losers in this family, you intensity if for shit! Win, win, win! You sin of a bitch. You know sometimes I wish my knee would give, then I wouldn't be able to wrestle anymore. He can forget all about me."
"I think your old man and my old man should get together and go bowling."said Bender
Stevie's POV
"It's like me you know, with my grades," said Brian " like when I step out of my self kind and I look at myself you know, and I see me, I don't like what I see, I really don't."
"Why don't you like yourself Brian?" I ask
"It's stupid but, because I'm failing shop, what had this assignment to make a ceramic elephant, we had 8 weeks to do it, you know when you pull the trunk, the light was suppose to go on, my light didn't go on, I got an f on it, I've never gotten a f in my life. I thought it would be easy I'll take shop for 6 weeks it would be the easiest class I have."
"Why'd you think it would be easy?"
"You see some of the dopes that take shop?"
Nice going Brian
"I take shop, you must be a fucking idiot."
"Fucking idiot because I can't make a lamp."
"No your a genius because you can't make a lamp."
"What do you know about trigonometry?"
"I could care less about trigonometry.
"Bender did you know without trigonometry there would be no engineering?"
"Without lamps, there would be no light."
"Okay so neither one of you are better then the other one." Said Claire 
"I can write with my toes, I can also eat brush my teeth." Said Allison
"With your feet."
"Play heart and soul on the piano."
"I can make spaghetti." Said Brian
"What can you do." Claire asks Andrew
"I uh can tape all you buns together."
"I wanna see what Claire can do." Said John
"I can't do anything."
"Now everybody can do something."
"There is something I can do, no forget it it's way to embarrassing."
"Ever seen wild kingdom, I mean that guy has been doing that show for 30 years."
"Okay, but you have to swear to god that you won't laugh."
John crossed his heart promising.
She takes out her lipstick and puts it in between her boobs, putting her head down, she pulls back up with lipstick on her mouth.
Everyone claps
"Alright, where did you learn to do that."
"Camp 7th grade."
John keeps clapping.
"That was great Claire, my image of you is totally blown."
"Your shit, don't do that to her you promised you wouldn't laugh." Said Allison
"Am I laughing?"
"You fucking prick." Said Andrew
"Why do you care what I think anyway I don't even count right, I could disappear forever and it wouldn't make any difference, I may as well not even exist at this school remember. And you," he looks over at Claire, "don't like me anyway."
"You know I have just as much feelings as you do and it hurts just as much when someone steps all over them."
"God your so pathetic, don't you ever compare yourself to me okay, you got everything and I got shit, fucking Repunzil right, fucking school would probably shut down if you didn't show up, queenie isn't here. I like those earrings Claire."
"Shut up."
"Are those real diamonds Claire."
"Shut up."
"Did you work for the money to buy those Claire."
"Shut your mouth!"
"Or did your daddy buy them for you."
"SHUT UP!"
"I vet he bought those for you. I bet those were a Christmas gift right. You know what I got for Christmas last year it was a better fucking year at the old Bender family, I got a carton if cigarettes, the old man grabs me and says aye smoke up Johnny. Okay so go home and cry to your daddy, don't cry here okay."
"My god are we going to be like our parents?" Asked Andrew
"No, not me, ever." Says Claire looking at John, he nods back at her.
"It's unavoidable, it just happens," says Allison
"What happens?"
"When you grow up, your heart dies."
"Who cares." Said John
"I care." She says almost crying
"Me too." I say
"I was just thinking,"says Brian, "I know it's kind of a weird time, but I was wondering um what's going to happen to us on Monday? I mean I kind of consider you guys my friends. I'm not wring am I?"
"No." Says Andrew
"So on Monday, what happens?"
"Are we still friends you mean, friends now that is?" Asks Claire
"Yeah."
"You want the truth?"
"Yeah, I want the truth."
"I don't think so."
"With all of us?" Asks Allison
"With all of you."
"That's a real nice attitude Claire." Says Andrew
"Oh be honest Andy, if Brian came walking up to you in the hall on Monday, what would you do? Picture this, your with all the sports, you know exactly what you would do, you would say hi to him and when he left, then cut him all up to your friends in thinking that you really liked him."
"No way."
"What if I came up to you?" Asked Allison
"Same exact thing."
"YOU ARE A BITCH!" I yell
"Why because I'm telling the truth that makes me a bitch?"
"No because you know how shitty that is to do to someone and you don't got the balls to stand up to your friends and say  that you're gonna like who you're gonna like."John finishes for me
"Okay, what about you, you hypocrite, why don't you take Allison to one of your heavy metal vomit parties, or take Brian out to the parking lot at lunch to get high, what about Andy for that matter, what about me. What would your friends say if we were walking down the hall together, they would laugh their asses off and you would probably tell them that you were doing it with me, so they can forgive you for being seen with me."
I take a chance a cut in for him.
"Don't you ever talk about our friends, you don't know any of our friends, you don't look any any of our friends, and you certainly wouldn't condensed to speak to any of our friends, so you can just stick with the things you know, shopping, nail Polish, your father's BMW, and your poor, rich, drunk mother in the Caribbean!"
"SHUT UP!" kicks me.
"And as far as being considered of what's going to happen to you and John walking down the halls of school together, you can forget it, because it's never gonna happen, so you can just burry your head in the sand and wait for your fucking prom!"
"I hate both of you."
"Yeah, good!"