{three}

Nevaeh's POV

After I didn't feel an impact, I bring my arms down from my face. I see that he just ran his hand through his hair. Well.. this is awkward. I can see a something different in Nate's eyes, but I can't tell what it is.

"Nevaeh.." he begins. "Did you think I was going to hit you?"

"I-I mean, yeah kinda." I feel kinda bad, because I see that he's hurt by me thinking he was going to hit me.

"Nevaeh, I would never hit you." He pulls me into I really awkward side hug. I awkwardly hug back not really being used to this. He goes from like the highest level of mad to hugging me?

"I'm sorry, it's just that you were so mad, and-" He cut me off, and lets go of our embrace.

"You don't have to apologize. Just try not slapping me next time." He says not looking so hurt anymore. I nod biting my lip. I hear a knock on the door that we had came through and Nate walks over and unlocks it. Cameron and Sam walk into the garage while Nate just walks back inside.

"You good Nevaeh? I heard you scream." I didn't want to tell Cameron what had actually happened, because even if Nate didn't hit me, Cam would freak.

"Oh uh yeah, I just tripped." I can see that Cam believes it, but Sam is raising his eyebrows at me as if he knows I'm lying. I clap my hands together and change the subject. "So guys! I don't feel like spending the rest of the day in the house so why don't we go to the beach?"

"Sure, sounds good! I'll go tell the others." Cam say walking back into the house. I'm left here with Sam staring me down.

"Nevaeh, what really happened?"

"I told you Sam, I walk running around the garage and tripped, and then you guys came." I could tell he still didn't believe me, but he just left it there.

We joined everyone else in the house, seeing that they were starting to get ready for the beach. When I had walked in, Gilinsky immediately looked at me with questioning eyes. I just shake it off and run down the hall to my room. I change into my turquoise bikini, afterwards putting on a pair of my shorts, and a black tank-top.

As I was finishing packing my beach bag, I hear Johnson scream.

"We'll be in the car Nevaeh! Don't take too long or we'll leave you!" I slip on my sandals and zip up my bag, picking it up and running to the front yard knowing that they would actually leave me.

I hop into Cams truck seeing Johnson and Cam in the very first row, Sam in the second row, but with his bag in the seat next to him, and then Gilinsky and Nate in the very back. The only seat left is next to Nate.. of course. I have to climb over Sam and into the last row. I throw my bag onto the trunk and buckle up. 

After about half an hour of Nate's teasing, my complaining, and Cam's yelling at us to shut up, we finally arrive at the beach. As I rush Sam to hurry up and get out, I just decide to climb out from the trunk. When my feet hit the concrete, I stretch out my body. I look around the parking lot admiring all these cute boys, until I spot a familiar girl.

I tell the guys that I'll be back in a minute and jog over to the girl. Her back is currently facing me so I had to get her attention.

"Hi." She turns around quickly. "Sorry to bother you, you just seem familiar, Amaya right?"

"Yeah." She looks at me strangely. "Wait, Nevaeh is that you?" I lightly laugh and nod my head. "Dude what the fuck? I haven't seen you since you know, you dropped out! Why didn't you keep in contact?!"

"Oh, I lost my phone and I ended up having to get a new number." Lie. I still have the same phone and the same number, I just never kept in touch with anyone besides the boys once I left school. Amaya was one of my closest friends, whenever I wasn't with the boys I was with her. If I'm being completely honest here, I missed her. "But anyway, did you come alone?"