{twenty one}

Nevaeh's POV

I wake up to an unfamiliar room. I look over to my side and see Nate still asleep next to me. He looks so peaceful and calm. I stare at him and don't notice him waking up.

"You know staring is rude?" he says with a raspy morning voice. I look away embarrassed and apologize. I think about what happened last night, and decide that I need to ask Nate what was going on.

"Nate, what happen last night?" I sit up in his bed and look at him. He also sits up and looks down.

"Nevaeh I really don't-"

"No, Nate you need to tell me what last night was about. You don't just get drunk and come to me in the middle of the night for no reason."

"Okay look, I was upset that you rejected me. You chose your boy toy over me, it made me feel some type way, I don't really know. I went out had some drinks and I don't remember much after that," he explains.

"You were that upset?"

"Yes I was that upset! I've told you that I liked you Nevaeh."

"It doesn't really seem like it," my voice lowers. "You have a different girl over practically everyday."

"Well what do you expect when you're always out with Alex?"

"You had your chance Nate." He groans and grabs my hand. I look down.

"Yes, I know. I was stupid okay, but now I'm trying to fix this okay? Just give me another chance, please."

"You know I can't, that wouldn't be fair to Alex." He lets go of my hand and rubs his face. "We can't keep having this discussion either Nate, we have to figure something out."

"Well what do you suggest?"

"Friends?"

"Nevaeh, you and I both know that won't work."

"Well it's going to have to, because we have no other choice." Nate sighs again and finally agrees.

"I don't know how this is going to work but fine." My stomach growls very loud and it's sort of embarrassing. Nate laughs and raises one of his eyebrows at me.

"Hungry?" I nod my head. "Let's go make something." We both get out of the bed and walk to the kitchen.

We look through the fridge and there's not really anything I want to eat. Man, we really have to go shopping. It's already 11 so I figured that since none of the other guys are down here yet they all went out somewhere. I grab some eggs out of the refrigerator and some break out of the pantry.

I cook some scrambled eggs and toast while Nate sits on one of the stools watching me. I grab two plates and make both Nate and I a plate. I set them on the table and hop onto the stool next to Nate. He thanks me and we eat.

Once we finish we just talk and right now we're both laughing so hard at something stupid he said. I nearly fall off of my chair and I lean against him laughing hysterically. I hear the front door open and I look over and see Alex.

I calm down and Nate clears his throat. He gets up and takes our dishes to the sink.

"Thanks for breakfast Nevaeh, I'll be upstairs." He goes upstairs and I hear a door shut.

Alex walks up to me and hugs me from behind.

"Hey babe."

"Hey, what're you doing here?"

"Nothing, I was just coming by to ask if you wanted to go get something to eat with me, but I guess you already ate."

"Yeah sorry."