thirteen

- A b b y J o n e s -

"What?" I stared at Harry dumbly. I simply couldn't believe what he had just said; I wasn't prepared for what he had just said. "What the hell did you just say?"

Harry stared at me for a second. The look on a face showed seriousness; I had never seen anyone so serious. Maybe he was just overreacting. Maybe he was messing around with me. But what kind of sick joke is this? Who does he think he is to mess around with my heart like this?

He sighed. "I'm telling you," He spoke up once again, and I honestly wish he had never opened his stupid mouth again. "Niall is in love with you."

"Yeah?" I crossed my arms. "What makes you say that? Did Niall tell you that?"

I had no idea why I said Niall's name as if the thought of him made me want to puke, but the situation made me not want to be around him. I just felt uncomfortable, and I felt like running away. However, my only place to run was home. To Niall.

"No, Niall didn't say anything."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Then what made him say what he just said? What was going through his head? Whatever it was, it was driving me completely insane.

"Then why are you doing this to me?" I spoke up. I was mad. Mad at the fact that he felt that it was okay to mess around with me like this. Mad at the fact that for a split second I had believed what he said. "You know how I feel about him, so why are you doing this? Why are you trying to make me feel like complete shit by saying things that will hurt me?"

Harry shook his head. "I'm not trying to do that."

"Then, what are you doing?"

"Just," He tugged on my arm and pulled me closer to him. "Just listen to me. Hear me out, alright?"

I huffed, annoyed, but agreed nevertheless. "Fine. I'm listening."

"Abs, look at me." I ignored his plea. "Look me in the eyes when I tell you this. Please."

I finally turned my head and looked into his green eyes. "Go on."

"Abby, it's so obvious." He smiled, and I didn't quite catch him.

I made a face at him. "What's obvious?"

"He is so obviously in love with you." He didn't even blink when he said that.

My heart skipped a beat at the sincere tone of his voice. Did he really believe that?

I wanted to know more. "How come?"

"Well, for example," He started. "The little looks you guys exchange. Every time you look away, he smiles to himself, as if he's lucky to know you. Sometimes he just stares at you when you're not looking, and it's just- It's pure love. I really don't know how to explain it, and he may not even know it yet, but he is in love with you. There's no denying that."

I looked down at my hands as I slumped back in my seat. "He's in love with me as a friend."

Harry shook his head again. "Trust me, I know true love when I see it. Niall loves you more than just a friend, I promise."

But, I ignored him. I turned back in my seat and watched as the drama club rehearsal went on. I didn't want to start overthinking again. Especially now, since I had this fresh new information in my brain.

Oh Harry, thanks for all the sleepless nights that you just sent my way.

--