sixteen

S I X T E E N

- A b b y J o n e s -

The next morning, I woke up to complete silence.

I sat up in bed and noticed that my headphones were still in my ears and that my phone had died due to the fact that I fell asleep listening to music in order to drown out the noises from the "company" in the room next to mine.

I sighed as I took my time getting out of bed. I felt really tired after last night; the memories started flooding my mind and it almost gave me a headache. In the midst of the silence, I heard a loud crash from the kitchen followed by a few curses from the only person I know who curses more than a sailor - Niall.

I quickly rushed out of my room to see what was going on, and I found Niall in the kitchen, sitting on the kitchen counter, eating cereal from my 'Best Daughter In The World' mug. I looked down onto the floor to find pieces of a bowl scattered all around, and that was when I put two and two together and realized that Niall had just broke one of our dishes.

Idiot.

"Niall, what the hell!?" I exclaimed, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Relax," He said coolly. "I figured a mug could be as good as a bowl, so I'm not gonna starve." He smiled at me cheekily.

I narrowed my eyes at him, a little upset that he was being so inconsiderate. "God, you're such an idiot!" I pointed at him accusingly.

"But you still love me."

I froze. Did he know? How the hell would her know? I decided to play it off as our usual bickering and played it off without stuttering. Instead, I scoffed. "You wish."

Niall snorted back at me. "What? No other remarks? Jeez, there's something wrong with you today, I swear." He ran his hand through his hair before hoping off the counter. "Don't worry, I'll clean up the mess and buy you a new bowl," He placed his hand on his heart before finishing his statement. "I promise."

I sighed, knowing that he'd stick to his word, because despite the fact that he was the biggest idiot on the face of the planet, he was really down to earth and sweet most of the time, and he always stuck to his promises, therefore I had no doubt in him.

"So," I decided to change the subject and finally question him about the girl from last night. "Where's the um... Where's the person that you... You know?" I coughed awkwardly, hoping he'd answer without me having to say it out loud.

Saying it out loud would only make it more real.

"I don't know," He shrugged. "She was gone by the time I woke up." He smiled shyly.

My eyes widened. "Fuck! What if she stole something while we were asleep!?" I started looking around the room frantically, as if I was trying to find anything out of place.

"Relax," Niall tried soothing me by placing his hands on my shoulders. "I already checked, she didn't take anything, but I can't say the same about me with-"

"Ew, ew, ew! Stop!" I made a disgusted face it him as I pushed his hands off of me quickly. "I really don't want to hear the details, thank you very much. Besides," I smirked when I figured out a way to knock down his ego. "Why'd she leave while you were asleep if you're as good as you say you are?"

Niall lowered his eyes. "I'd gladly show you, but you're with Harry, so, yeah." He spoke seriously, but the horrified look on my face made him crack up, and I knew that he was messing with me again.