7

A quiet wind blew through out the forest, rustling the autumn coloured leaves on the trees. The ground was wet with rain that had previously fallen the night before and leaves had begun to stick everywhere. Tree trunks were covered in moss and vines. Abandoned cars that had been dumped in the forest soon became rusted and smelly with the damp weather. It was your classic horror movie scene.
It was mid October, and Halloween was approaching. For the Pasta's, Halloween was both a horrible and lovely occasion. It meant lots of kids wandering these woods, which was both good and bad, and the risk of them getting found was higher than usual. Even after all these years they had been safe, they still worried. Lately the forest had been really quiet. The death toll was low for once. No one was right. Ever since the news that BEN was Jai's true father got out no one has been acting the same. Its strange.
Today was a Friday, and the mansion had been pretty quiet all day. Jai was out getting something for BE- his father, Jeff and Rochelle were both at their cabin deep inside the woods with Alex and Jessica, BEN was playing video games (Nothing different there), Slender Man was reading with Sally, and some of the Pastas couldn't be seen. All was peaceful until Jeff, Rochelle, Jessica and Alex decided to pay a visit.
"BEN, open the door!" Jeff screamed, banging on the door with his fists clenched. He was only angry because BEN chose to ignore him.
"Why should I? You lied to me for 15 years!" BEN shouted in reply, his voice sounding angry.
"BEN, I'm sorry, please just open the door so I can see my father!" Rochelle shouted, interrupting Jeff who was about to swear. The sound of pattering feet could be heard coming towards the door and soon it swung open and BEN stood in the gap. "Thank you Benjamin."
"That's not my name, Rocky." BEN said through gritted teeth. He let everyone inside and then began to shut the door. That's when something got in his way. Jai's foot.
"Dad, look what I got!" Jai's voice echoed through the mansion. He sounded excited, much too excited as a matter of fact. In Jai's hand was a piece of crumpled paper with something written on it. On one side was Jai's name scribbled in pencil, and on the other was a lot more writing.
"What is it Jai?" BEN asked as he took the bag Jai was holding. Inside was what BEN had asked for. A new Nintendo game.
"It's an invitation to a birthday party tomorrow. Can I please go?" Jai gave his mother and father the puppy dog eyes. Rochelle just sighed, BEN looked confused, and Jeff suddenly went really pale. "..Please?"
"When I was roughly your age, me and my family moved into a new neighborhood after my dad got a promotion at work. It was a really fancy neighborhood. We introduced ourselves to our new neighbors and then got invited to some kids party.. His name was Billy, I think. Me and my brother Liu both objected to going, but we were forced to go anyway. The next day was school, and me and Liu got ready as usual and went to wait by the bus stop. That's when we met some stupid kids. Randy, Troy... and Kieth I think their names were. They demanded we gave them money, but we denied. So they took Liu's wallet, and I went nuts. They pulled a knife out at me but I beat them up pretty good." Jeff was cut off by Jai.
"That's pretty cool-"
"I haven't finished yet, Jai." Jeff interrupted Jai in return. "Anyway, I went to school as usual, and the next morning there was a knock at the door. A police officer came inside and told me they'd found three kids; two stabbed and one beaten badly. Yes, I did it, but Liu took the blame and got the year in Juvy. The rest of that week was agony. We hadn't heard from Liu and I got worried. So, on Saturday morning my mum woke me up and told me it was time for the party. Billy's party. I got dressed into a white hoodie and a pair of smart trousers. . Funny enough that's what I wear everyday now. Ha. So at the party this little kid comes up to me and asks me to play with him so I do. That's when Randy, Kieth and Troy appear. Of course, I'm pissed. I push Randy onto the floor as the other two pull out guns. Kids and adults are screaming everywhere and running about at the same time. I got stabbed in the shoulder by Randy and he then picks me up by my collar and throws me against the fence. Randy then goes to the kitchen and I follow, my face covered in blood. He then hits me with a bottle of vodka, and I'm then covered in vodka. Then some more fighting happens and we end up in the bathroom. Somehow I end up covered in bleach. So, I'm stood in this bathroom covered in vodka and bleach. So what does Randy do? He fucking throws a lit lighter at me and I go up in flames. The last thing I saw then was my parents trying to put out the flames before I pass out." Jai is sat watching Jeff horrified.
"How on earth did you survive?" Jai's lip trembled. Jeff sighed.
"Still not finished, Jai.." Jeff sighed yet again, and looked towards Rochelle, his heart beating wildly. "I woke up with a cast around my face in what I'm guessing was the emergency room. Liu was released from Juvy after that and my family visited me for weeks after wards. Then came the day the cast came off. Everyone was shocked. My skin was pal- well you can see what I look like. I once had brown hair believe it or not. I was crazy that day. I would not stop laughing. Later that night, I was in the bathroom, and I just couldn't stop smiling. So I carved a smile into my face, and I liked seeing my face so much I burnt my eyelids off. My mum said I looked beautiful before she runs to my dad and tells him to get the gun. I went into their room and murdered them both, then I murdered my brother.. and that's that." Jeff chuckled to himself. He wasn't disappointed in what he'd done.

No.

He was proud.