Chapter 9

The old Pizzeria building creaked in the wind. The windows were all boarded up so no light was let in at all - It was pitch black. Faintly, Jai could see figures stood around him. He assumed they were people probably not much older than him. His breathing began to hitch as he soon realized that they had said.
"W-what do you mean?" Jai stuttered, taking a few steps backwards until he bumped into someone. "W-who even a-are you people?"
"The real question here is what are YOU?" Someone said just as the person behind Jai placed his hands on Jai's shoulders.
"M-Me? I'm a m-mortal like you!" Jai replied but it didn't sound convincing enough. The person behind Jai tutted and began to push him forward into the darkness. That's when the lights flickered on and Jai saw just how many people were stood in the old building. In front of Jai was a chair. The person that held Jai forced him to sit on the chair, and Jai did. He really didn't want any trouble here.
Now that the building was lit up, Jai took in his surroundings a little more. Mostly the room was very empty. Few tables and chairs remained in the middle of the room, in front of the now messy and mostly decayed stage. The windows were of course covered up with wooden boards. Moss and mold hung from the ceiling, occasionally dropping onto the floor, or onto someones head. It looked like this place hadn't been used in decades.
"Jai Woods, we know you're not a mortal." Said the same person who had said everything else so far. The person stood forward. He wore a black hoodie, just like everyone else in the room, and a pair of muddy jeans. His hood was pulled up over his face. That was until he pulled it down. "My names Kyle, and me and my- urh- friends have been watching you for a long time." Kyle had messy brown hair that covered most of his face. He looked Jai in the eyes and smirked. "We know you live out in the forest with monsters. We know your a product of those monsters."
"My family are NOT monsters!" Jai yelled in protest, jumping up off the chair. Suddenly, everyone around him except Kyle brought a gun out from under their jackets. Jai swallowed hard and sat back down as the guns were all aimed at him.
"Oh, Jai, but yes they are. Your mother is the girl who went missing a long time ago. Taken by perhaps the biggest monster of them all. And your father? He murdered his family." Kyle chuckled and watched Jai squirm around in the wooden chair.
"T-thats wrong. He's not my father. I thought that for 14 years but I was wrong, and so are you." Jai felt like spitting in Kyle's face, but he didn't really want to be shot.
"Ah, so there's more than four of you? Tell me Jai, how long did you think you could hide this secret. Coming to the village everyday was a big risk. How did your family let you?" Kyle squinted at Jai as he sighed.
"They didn't. I snuck out each time. I'm starting to regret it now.." Jai felt like crying. He had totally betrayed his family now. Everything was going to get out sooner or later. If only there was a way Jai could contact his family..
"Oh, naughty boy we've got 'ere then lads!" Kyle shouted and everybody in the room laughed but Jai. He felt defeated. "We know so much about your family Jai. How they're mostly all wanted criminals. How your mother killed several hospital staff while pregnant with you. How your 'father' killed his own family and fled. How you are going to betray your own family." Kyle chuckled again and smirked at Jai. As long as Jai said nothing more he hoped he would be fine. That's when Jai had an idea. In the corner of the room was a security camera. Jai had no idea if it was connected to anywhere already, but using his... 'power' he obtained from his father he might be able to somehow connect it to the TV at the mansion. But Jai had never done anything like this before. He could mess it up for all we know.
"Jai. Don't even think about going anywhere. We've already called the cops." Jai's heart stopped. He was done for now. He had to try and do his plan. It was the only way.