11

Jeff sighed as he looked out at the busy village that lay in front of him. He dangled his legs of the edge of the cliff, swinging them as he did. "I can't believe Rocky kept that from me.." Jeff sighed again, putting his face in his hands.

The air was silent. The trees swayed in unison behind him. The only thing he could hear was the sound of his own harsh breathing. He still couldn't get over the fact that Rochelle had lied to him for so many years. It was like his life had be torn apart again. Although, he always thought that Jai was rather like BEN. He just never brought it to anyones attention.

Suddenly, there was an ear piercing scream coming from the village. Jeff didn't think anything of it until he realised whose scream it was. Rochelle's. He quickly got on his feet and ran as fast as he could in the direction of the screaming. Little did he know what was about to unfold.

Jai sat alone in a cold, damp jail cell. His previous situation with Kyle was much more pleasant than this. Jai felt like crying. But he knew if he did then that would make him seem weak, and he was far from weak. Outside, he could hear his mother yelling at the police officers.

"You can't imprison my son like that! He has done nothing wrong. You are the people in the wrong you b*stards!" Rochelle yelled, her anger taking control of her.

"Mrs Woods, could you please calm down? You are not helping the situation. We believe Jai may be related to some murders that happened around 20 years ago. Maybe you also know something." Said one police officer. Rochelle just looked at them all with a death stare.

"What are you talking about? Me nor my son have never murdered anybody! Can I pay bail for him to be released?"

"Mam, I'm afraid not. We need to interview him first and do a few tests before we can decide what we will do with him." The police officer responded as politely as possible. It was obvious that Rochelle was pissing him off. Rochelle just sighed as she began to rant again....

Jeff snuck around the back of the police station to where the jail cells were located. Carefully, he found the one that Jai was in and climbed up to the bared window.

"Jai! Are you okay? You look awful." Jeff said, clearly not caring about how Jai really felt.

"Do I look like I'm okay, Jeff? I am awful! Why am I in here? I haven't done anything..." Jai felt a stray tear roll down his cheek. "I should have never gone to that place. It was a bad idea." Jai sighed as he wiped his tears in his sleeves.

"Jai, I'm gonna get you out okay? Hopefully, I can pull these bars apart, and your skinny enough too squeeze through!" Jeff said quietly as he began to attempt to pull the bars apart. Unfortunately, Jeff wasn't strong enough to actually pull them apart. "Well... that failed.."

"Yes. Yes it did." Jai replied angrily as he put his head in his knees, trying to stop himself from crying. "I'm going to be in here forever." He mumbled.

"Jai, I've gotta go but I'll be back tomorrow with Rocky. I promise." Jeff said quickly as the sun began to set. Rochelle had given up with arguing with the police officers. She had accepted that there was nothing legal she could do to help Jai. Jai didn't respond to Jeff before he left, and he didn't want to. Jai wanted to escape himself. He wanted to run away and start his own life where he wasn't related to any murderers or weird creatures. He wanted to be a normal boy like everyone else. But, there was no way he could be normal. It was in his blood. He will never be normal, for he is the grandson of the Slender Man.

A/N: So, its been a while I know. I've been super busy with sixth form and my hobbies. An example is that I started a Youtube channel to really kickstart my art career (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcQ8g3ZYeeMQRlq99oEJLaQhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcQ8g3ZYeeMQRlq99oEJLaQ ) *I'd really appreciate if you could watch and sub <3* I really would like to finish this story this year as it really is a big part of my life. I've met so many new people thanks to it and I'm so grateful for everyone whose helped make my dreams come true. I wish to become an illustrator and publish this book into a proper book with illustrations etc.. thats another reason why I started a Youtube channel so I could raise money to try and self publish it. Honestly its a massive dream of mine and I'd be so thankful for any help possible. Also, follow my Instagram for more updates on whats happening with my artwork and career : @sill88183.

Thanks again for reading! Hopefully more will be published soon! Thank you!