5

Jai began to walk himself home. He was feeling rather proud of himself, and that made him happy for once in his life. It's not everyday that he gets to socialize with humans and become their friends, let alone work with them. As he made his way into the forest, it began to snow heavily. It began to set on the trees and soon enough Jai couldn't tell which direction he was going in. He made a left, and then two rights before he saw a small house in the distance. It looked nothing like the mansion, or his own house for that matter of fact. Knowing that the snow was only gonna get heavier, Jai ran towards the house.
The house was covered in snow, but even though it looked white, you could tell from miles away that it was abandoned. The window ledges were hanging by vines, the windows were smashed and covered with moss and trees had grown into the foundations. Jai ignored this fact though knowing it was the only choice he had. He knew he wasn't going to die from getting cold, but he still wanted to stay warm. As he entered the house, he began to feel like he was being watched, and in deed he was. Jai walked around the house for a little while until he found what must of been the living room. There was a sofa that looked like it had been there for decades, but Jai still decided to sit, ignoring all the creepy crawlies coming out of the rips in the fabric. And that's when Jai heard a loud crash coming from upstairs.
"H-Hello?" Jai called out into the darkness. No reply, but someone could be heard breathing heavily, and it wasn't Jai. "I know someones there!" Jai yelled, making his was towards the stairs. At the top there was a dark figure, clearly the outline of a living person, or some other organism. "I can see you. Come on, who are you!?" Jai yelled again, reaching his hand out and pointing towards the dark figure watching him from the top of the rotten stair case.
"Fine, Jai, you caught me." Said the figure in a deep voice. Jai almost recognized the voice, but couldn't quite make out who it was.
"Who are you?" Jai asked as the figure began to walk down the steps, creaking as it went down.
"Jai, are you going deaf or something?" It said, and Jai instantly recognized it. Jeff.
"Oh, dad, what are you doing here?" Jai asked, slightly confused. Jeff just looked at Jai with wide eyes as usual before going to sit down in the living room on the moldy sofa.
"Well, you see, EJ came and told us a story about how there was band auditions going on in town, and he said there was someone there singing, playing the guitar and looking like you. So, your mother being your mother told me to go and look to see if it was you, and it was. Now, we're all angry and I was sent back out to retrieve you. But now were both stuck here till it stops snowing, or unless Slendy comes and gets us." Jeff explained, picking the insects out of the fabric and squashing them in his hands.
"D-Dad, I can explain." Jai said, sitting next to his dad, trying to avoid the dead insects being thrown about .
"Go on then....?" Jeff held a beetle in his hands and waiting for Jai to answer him. Jai took a deep breath and looked his dad in the eyes. This wasn't going to be easy.
"I needed a break from you all, so I went into town. And then I found some friends and they asked me if I'd like to be in a band and I said yeah. Dad, it's my dream. I'm not like you, or mum, or anyone in that mansion. I'm different." Jai explained, turning away from his dad. Jeff clenched his fists, killing the beetle in his palm.
"Jai, I have not raised you to be like this. I love you, and so does Rocky." Jeff said before they both heard a crashing noise outside. "Well, dang." Jeff chuckled as the front door was pushed open and in came a tall figure followed by a smaller one.

"Come on you two. Rochelle wants you both home, now."