10

Jai's breathing was heavy. His plan was the only choice he had if he wanted to get out alive, or at least not get arrested. He barely had any freedom as it is, and if he was put in jail it would all vanish. These thoughts filled his mind for ages. That was until the sirens in the distance broke his thoughts.

"They're almost here." Kyle smirked and looked over at Jai. Jai knew this was time. He looked at the security camera, praying his plan would work. He stared at it for a while. Nothing. He began to concentrate extremely hard. Eventually, he just couldn't do it anymore. He hung his head in shame. Had it worked? We'll never know now.

The sirens were getting closer and closer. Jai had to think of something. He needed to get out, and soon. Jai was really wishing Jeff would burst through the door and save him, but he knew that was never going to happen. He needed to fight for himself now.

Time was passing extremely slowly for once. The room was getting hot, and most of the people in it had calmed down by now. No one was holding Jai to the chair anymore, he was a free man.. Kyle was the problem. He was watching Jai all the time. Jai couldn't even tell if he was blinking anymore. After all, they do say blink and you'll miss it. Jai needed to get away.

Soon, the sirens got very close, and the flashing lights could be seen through the mouldy windows. Jai could feel the sweat dripping down his forehead. His breathing was unbelievably heavy.. This is it, ​​he thought, I'm so dead. The sounds of people talking began to fill Jai's ears. He wanted to cry. He'd never wanted to cry so badly before.

"In here, officer." The sounds of Kyle's dry voice echoed in the room as he walked towards Jai, accompanied by two police officers dressed in black. Both carried rifles.

"Who are you, son?" One officer asked Jai. Jai looked up. His eyes were watering. He couldn't cry. He'd look weak.

"My names Jai.. Jai Woods." Jai answered honestly. Both police officers looked at one another and nodded. Kyle stood smirking at Jai. Jai felt alone.

"Jai Woods, so your the one who is supposedly a monster?" The other officer asked. Jai didn't know how to answer. Instead, his body shook. "You alright?"

"N-No.." Jai suddenly felt very angry. He could feel his face heating up. "H-How would you feel if you were forced to stay in a damp mouldy place like this for an hour?" Jai knew what he said was risky. And he knew that Kyle would be mad. But it was all he could do.

"Jai, um, where are your parents? Where do they live?" The first officer questioned. Jai gulped. It's a good thing he is a good liar.

"They live in the next town over, I'm here visiting my grandparents, I come here often." Jai's voice was croaky and dry. He struggled to talk. "Can I just leave? I've done nothing wrong?"

The officers looked at each other and shook their heads. "No, son. Sorry." Jai sighed. Maybe this was it. He'd ruined everything.

"Rocky, come here! Jai's in trouble!" BEN yelled as loud as he could. His voice echoed around the mansion.

"BEN, you've caused enough trouble recently. Are you telling the truth?" Rochelle's voice echoed back.

"Yes, trust me, it is. Jai's getting arrested, I think." BEN replied, staring at the TV screen where the security camera footage was playing.

"BEN, what?!" Rochelle sounded both shocked and worried, but then who wouldn't be. She came storming down the grand staircase only to come face to face with BEN. He pointed at the TV where she saw a glimpse of Jai being taken away by the police. "What on Earth..."

"Some kids told Jai to meet him at that place and they called the police on him! They know what he is." BEN's voice shook with fear.

Rochelle looked at him blankly. She didn't know what to do. No one did. "BEN, we have to fix this. I-I just don't know how... I don't even know if I can trust Jai to keep our secret anymore. He just isn't one of us."

"Rocky, don't say that. He's obviously one of us. He's just like you in every way." BEN tried to defend his son but he knew it wasn't working very well.

"BEN, how can he be one of us! I not even one of us! I should be the one they arrest, not Jai. BEN, tell Dad where I'm going I'll be back in a while, I hope." And with that Rochelle walked out the door, slamming it on her way. She was gone. BEN didn't know what to do. He just sat and watched the TV, hoping he could do something to help.