Chapter 8

Today was the day of the party, and Jai was slightly nervous. Although he was 14, and had been hanging around with his new friends for quite a while, he'd never been invited to a party- well, at least a mortal party.
The wind howled through the forest, shaking trees until they became leafless sticks. Piles and piles of leaves lay lifelessly on the muddy ground, waiting to be blown away by the wind. The mansion over all was quiet. Jeff, Rochelle, Alex and Jessica had all stayed the night after listening to Jeff's messed up story. Jai was bewildered by the story. It had left him scared, yet oh so excited. He was certain that nothing like that was going to happen. But then again, he's different, and if anybody found out, that could quite possibly happen. Jai tried to keep his feelings to himself every time his father asked if he was okay.
"Jeff.. Does Jai seem a bit off to you?" BEN asked, fiddling with the Xbox controller in his small, pixelated hands. "Like, ever since you told him about your family and what happened he's been really quiet." Jeff looked at BEN and shook his head.
"Your his father now, thats for you to find out yourself." Jeff huffed, folded his arms and turned away. BEN sighed and put down the controller. He looked over at Jai who was sat in the corner of the room, glancing at a hundred year old newspaper. The paper crinkled in his hands as he turned the pages, sometimes falling apart.
"Jai?" BEN half yelled, half whispered. Luckily, it got Jai's attention. He dropped the newspaper and it fell on the floor in a dusty mess.
"Yeah, dad?"
"Are you okay? You don't seem okay." BEN played with his fingers as he looked nervously towards Jai. Jai nodded slowly, stood up and walked over to the door.
"It's um time for me to go.. I'll see yo-" Jai was cut of by BEN randomly appearing right in front of the door.
"Where even is this party?" BEN asked, turning into the serious parent he was supposed to be even though he was only technically 13.
"At some pizzeria in the town...why?" Jai replied, his voice sounding nervous. BEN chuckled.
"Well, be careful then, and make sure you don't get bitten." BEN tried to wink but he failed miserably. Jai rolled his eyes at his fathers terrible joke and put his hand on the door handle. He turned it gently and with a click it opened. And thats when Jai screamed.
"What? You should be used to me appearing everywhere by now, Jai." Slender Man chuckled, walking past Jai as he tried to calm down.
"I know, I probably should of expected that." Jai sighed and walked out the door into the almost pitch black forest.
Roughly ten minutes later, Jai could see the village in front of him. It was extremely noisy in the village today. Children screamed in the playground and parents screamed at their children. It was an awful sight. Jai shuddered as he walked past the playground. He felt like he was being watched.
He looked down at the map in his hands and began to walk in the direction of the pizzeria the party was at. This side of town seemed rather quiet compared to the other side. Eventually, he saw the sign ahead of him labeled 'Pizzeria'. Jai shrugged as he thought it would at least be named something other than that. Anyway, he put the map into his coat pocket along with his very aged mobile phone. He took a deep breath and pushed the doors open. Inside was pitch black. No noises could be heard. It was deserted. Abandoned if you wish. No one was here. Jai went to go back out the doors only to find they had been shut behind him and locked.
"Well, fuck." Jai breathed quietly. He stood alone in darkness for a while until he heard

"We know what you really are Jai."