Apologies

Lila's Pov

Ow was my first thought as I opened my eyes. My whole body hurt from where the shifter had cut me up. My whole body felt alive with fire and tingled around the edges of the stitches. I could feel the pain heighten if i moved. Letting out a long groan I sat up against the headboard in the bed that Sam and I shared. I turned my head to look at him but he was not there. I get up but after standing i start to fall but not before two strong arms could catch me. Turning my head to my savior I sigh when I realise it was not Sam but only Dean.

 " Dean where is Sam" I ask feeling sad because i thought he would be here when i woke up. "He stepped out for a little bit he did not think you would be up this early" he explains. I look at the clock and realize that it is 7:15 am. "How are you feeling this morning" he asks. "Like i have been thrown into a pit of razor blades an fire ants"I explain a little irritated. He sits me on the bed and walks across the room to grab his duffel bag. Sitting it beside me on the bed he begins to dig through it. Dean pulls out a bottle of ibuprofen and the first aid kit. 

 He pulls out a bottle of ointment , a bottle of rubbing alcohol,a rag and a roll of bandages. he begins by pouring the alcohol on the rag and says "this is gonna hurt like hell but they have to be cleaned". taking the rag in his right hand and gently holding my cheek in his left hand he slowly and gently rubs the rag over the stitches on my face. I wince slightly but try to stay still. He then applies ointment and places some of the roll of badges on it . he repeats the process on my arms and legs. When he gets to my stomach and sides he lifts my shirt and stops to leave it slightly under my bra. When he rubs the alcohol on the slash on my my stomach I let out a small yelp."Shh Lila it is gonna be okay after i finish this up I will call Sam " he says trying to soothe me. He finished bandaging me then got me a glass of water so i could take the pills.

 He pulls out his phone an dials Sam's number. A few seconds pass an he answers . Dean begins talking "Hey Sammy Lila woke up I doctored up her stitches but where are you" he asks and waits for his brother to reply. " Just get your Ass back here Sammy no excuses" he exclaims a little upset with Sam!

Twenty minutes later Sam walks through the door he is wearing a loose v neck shirt,jeans and his boots. His hair is rumpled like he did not fix it before he went out . His hazel eyes were not there deep self's they were flat and filled with worry, his lips not in a smile but expressionless. Walking over to the bed he sits beside me and gingerly as if i might break places a hand on my shoulder. "How are you doing this morning" he asks his eyes going a little more dull than they were when he walked in. " Not good I am really sore all over and I cant really walk because I am really stiff" I explain. His look goes from expressionless to down right pain his eyes scrunching up as he closes them and his lips hardening into a firm straight line.

"Is there anything I can do for you anything I can get you" he asks ? "No i really don't need anything Sam thanks though" I reply giving him a meek smile. "Listen Lila" he begins. He grabs my both of my hand in his and softly squeezes them rubbing little circles into the back of them. " I am so sorry Lila this is all my fault. I should have had you in front of me where I could see you. I should have been quicker . I should have pulled you harder and not get thrown" he explains talking a thousand miles a minute. "Sam it is " i begin to say before he interrupts me . " DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT IS NOT MY FAULT" he says nearly screaming. "It isn't though Sam" I say softly just above a whisper afraid he might snap again. "You need to quit blaming yourself Sam" I tell him taking my right hand out of his and slowly bringing it to his cheek, wincing when it stretched my stitches. 

A tear slides down Sam's cheek and he brings his hand up and carefully holds it over mine. " I can't help but blame myself Lila it is my job to protect you and I let you down, you got hurt really bad. "You can't hardly walk ,your black and blue and covered in stitches all because I wasn't quick enough. "Sam" I begin to say but yet again he interrupted me. "AND NOTHING YOU SAY LILA IS GONNA CHANGE MY MIND EVERY TIME I SEE YOU NOW ALL I WILL BE ABLE TO THINK OF IS HOW I PUT YOU IN THIS SITUATION" he yells. I let the tears flow down my cheeks.