9. Making up

www.facebook.com/JenniferBirdsBooks   <------- Please like my page xx <3

**************************************************************************

I stood outside the graveyard, pissed off. I couldn't enter it as I once had. They had obviously put another barrier spell up. Sophie stood just inside the entrance, her expression weary.

I smiled a cold smile at her, "Aren't you going to come out to play?"

"Please Jennifer," she sighed, her voice tired, "We both know as soon as I step over that line I'm dead."

"Why do you think that? What could you possibly have done that would make me want to hurt you?" I asked sarcastically. I may want this baby now, but that did not make what the bitches... excuse me, witches... did not make what they did any less infuriating, since I had arrived here they had used and abused me.

"Look, I didn't know what Agnes had planned for you when she asked me to get the items from you. She told me you wouldn't be hurt, but that our survival would be ensured." Sophie tried to explain, to no avail.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Yeah I'm sure that you thought it would be all pixies and fairy dust. You can't stay in there forever Sophie... but I can wait out here forever."

With that I turned on my heel and left.

I was making my way back to the compound when I was stopped by Marcel standing in front of me, his lackeys either side of him. He smiled down at me, but it was defiantly not a warm smile.

"Nice to see you again Jennifer. How've you been?" he asked.

"Marcel, great to see you too, and thanks for asking. I felt like crap last night, but then I rammed my hand into and ripped the heart from one of your friends and well, what do you know... it cheered me right up." I smiled back at him.

The vampire on his left, Thierry I think, growled and took a step towards me. Marcel put his arm in front of him, stopping him. I looked at Thierry, "Down Boy." I laughed and walked past them. I knew I was playing with fire, but I had to appear strong, had to prove I wasn't weak.

Time to head home.

I walked into the compound where all three original siblings were facing off against each-other. Just like old times I thought as I made my entrance.

Before I could say anything Nik was standing in front of me.

"What the bloody0 hell do you think you're playing at?" his voice was low as he spoke. "You think you can just go around, killing vampires and attacking people in my city?"

Ignoring the feeling in my stomach, the want for him, I walked around him and over to Elijah.

"Tell your brother that he is not my keeper, nor is he my master. I've seen him do far worse to people that did far less. The vampire last night disrespected me, and I couldn't exactly let that stand."

Now I looked at Nik, my eyes narrowed, "I wonder where I learnt that from?"

"Are you ok?" Elijah asked, his eyes automatically going to my stomach. At least he could acknowledge that I was pregnant.

I smiled at him warmly, "Yes I am thank you. I just needed to sort a few things out." I looked around me, "Does anyone know where Caroline is. I need to talk to her." Elijah told me she was out in quarter, sightseeing.

I started to leave but apparently Nik wasn't done berating me, his voice getting louder, "Do not think that this is over. I have worked hard to take control, I do not need you causing friction within the ranks."

I laughed, a laugh that was empty as I stepped up to Nik. I stood mere inches from him. "Oh you think I've caused friction in your precious city. Baby, you haven't seen anything yet. Wait until I get my hands on the witches.... and god love any of your precious followers that get in my way." I mocked. I could see the shock cover his face, and before he could reply I left.

I barely got a street away when I was pinned against the wall looking into angry hybrid eyes.

"You think you can stroll back in here, talk to me like that?" Nik shouted. I could have pushed away from him but I didn't. I stayed there, pinned to the wall.

"Do not forget why I left Klaus. The coffin? As for the reason I stayed away, you moron, I did it for you." I was all but screaming back at him. All my plans to ignore him, to show him how strong I was were slipping away.

His hands fell from me, he stepped back but I stepped forward, covering the distance between us.

"The witches were going to use me to control you. Do you honestly think I would allow that? Do you know me at all? I would not be some goddamn pawn to be used against you."

Nik was speechless, I kept talking. "However, when Elijah found me, I decided that I should come home, and not because of this baby... or because of what Elijah said... because of you. Seeing him made me realise that I could not bear to be away from you any longer. Of course it seems that those feelings where completely one sided. I may have held on to the idea of us, but you have made it abundantly clear that you gave up on that concept the minute you had the coffin made with my name on it."

People were staring at us, probably thinking we were crazy, all this talk of witches and coffins, but I didn't care. It needed to be said. Once I had said it I turned to walk away from him, but he grabbed my arm. The next second we were back at the compound. He dragged me past a worried Rebekah and Elijah and up the stairs. They started to follow us but when Nik threw them a warning look and a growl they stopped.

He let go of me when we were in a large bedroom. I faced him with my arms crossed, "If you think you can stop me going after the witches you're sorely mistaken Klaus."

"Don't call me that again." He growled at me, now I was the one that was speechless. "I have spent months... months... without you. You chose to leave Jennifer, not me. I should not have had that coffin made, but you... you left me."

For the first time I actually heard the pain in his voice. How had I missed it? I had only focused on my own pain.

I opened my mouth to speak, but his lips cut me off. I could feel the desperation in that kiss. As if it could wipe away the months we had spent apart. It wasn't a gentle kiss, and I returned it with a fierceness of my own, my hands all over him. It had been too long since I felt his touch, I pushed him back onto the bed with such force that the legs collapsed beneath it. Neither of us even noticed the damage as I climbed on top of him, pure want in my eyes.

Downstairs Caroline had just arrived back as Elijah and Rebekah were leaving in a hurry. "Is everything ok?" she asked nervously as a loud crash came from a room above them. As usual Rebekah ignored her, but Elijah answered her just as another loud crash followed the first. "It would seem that Jennifer and our brother have made up."

Caroline started to ask what he was talking about when it dawned on her, her face went red as she quickly left with the siblings before the noises coming from above got any louder.

Elijah and Rebekah couldn't help the smiles that covered their faces though, now that Jennifer was back things would calm down with their brother.

Only Caroline still wore a look of worry, for she knew her friend, a lot better than the Mikaelsons, and she knew that although Jennifer could be quiet and shy, that she wouldn't rest until all those that hurt her, and the ones she loved, had paid with their lives.