11. Confused

www.facebook.com/JenniferBirdsBooks       <----- Please Like x <3

**************************************************************

My eyes snapped open and I sat up straight. What the hell?

I looked around me wildly, my mind racing to piece together what had happened. I was in my bed in Mystic Falls, but something wasn't right. I was supposed to be.... supposed to be somewhere else, I just couldn't remember where. There was something... or someone...

Why couldn't I remember?

I looked down at my hand. I had subconsciously started rubbing my stomach. I lifted my top and looked down at my flat stomach in confusion. Something important...

"Jennifer? Jennifer, can you hear me? Wake up love." A voice called from downstairs. I threw back the quilt, jumped out of bed and ran downstairs taking two steps at a time. I sped down the hall towards the kitchen as fast as humanly possible, and then froze at the door looking in.

"There you are sleepy head. I was starting to think you were going to stay in bed all day." My mother said without looking up from the cooker she was at. I didn't answer her. This wasn't right... was it?

"Aren't you going to sit and have breakfast? From what I remember your senior year starts tomorrow which means it's senior prank night tonight, you're going to need your energy." My father laughed from his seat at the head of the table, the newspaper in front of him.

I couldn't understand the niggling feeling in my stomach that some thing was wrong. I cautiously made my way to the table and sat down, my mother put my breakfast in front of me. "Senior year?" I asked, "But I finished school, I'm twenty one."

My parents looked at each other then at me, "Well that has got to be the most original excuse for not wanting to go to school I have ever heard." My dad laughed, "But seriously, what exactly do you have planned for tonight? Do I need to worry about my classroom?"

I felt myself blink in confusion. Senior? Of course, now I remember, I was starting my senior year tomorrow with my best friend Caroline, and our other friends... Elena, her boyfriend Matt, Bonnie, and Tyler. Dad was the English teacher at school.

Why did I forget that?

I felt myself answer dad automatically, "We're going to go with the classics. Cling film over the toilet seats, Gym full of mouse traps, desks glued shut... although if Caroline has her way, that'll just be the start."

Mom and dad smiled at me before turning to each other, reminiscing their own prank night when they were seniors at high school. As I sat watching them laughing and talking, I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I had parents who loved me as well as each other, I had great friends... what more could a girl want.

My dad looked over at me, still chuckling over something my mum had said. "Shouldn't you be getting dressed? I thought you were meeting your friends at the school this morning." He asked, looking at his watch.

Nodding I stood up, gave them both a quick kiss on the cheek and ran back upstairs to get ready. Ten minutes later I was about to leave my room when something caught my eye, pulling me to the dresser. There in the middle of a pile of jewellery was the most beautiful bracelet I had ever seen. It was silver strands entwined over and over, and it looked so delicate. Where did it come from? I started to pick it up, and immediately dropped it with a small yelp. The damn thing burned me. I stared at for a second, weird. I know I should wonder why it burned me but it just didn't matter. I put it out of my mind, grabbed my bag and ran back downstairs, called bye to my parents before leaving the house and climbing into my car.