18. Perfect Punishment

www.facebook.com/JenniferBirdsBooks ----- Please like :D

***********************************

Caroline couldn't speak, couldn't move. Jennifer stood before them, awake... no longer dying. This should be a happy moment, but it wasn't.

Jennifer was wearing a light blue maternity summer dress, of course like her face, the front of the dress had blood stains on the chest and over the baby bump. Maybe that was what made it so eerie, thought Caroline. The dress and the pregnancy screamed innocence, but the blood and Jennifer's expression... Caroline felt another shiver run through her body.

Other than Elena saying Jennifer's name no one had moved in the last two minutes, but it looked like that was about to change.

**********

I stepped down into the room, all eyes on me. I heard Elena gasp my name. I took my time as I looked at each of the people who stood before me. Every one of them a major person in my life, both my human and vampire life. My past and my present.

Elijah and Rebekah's expressions were ones of relief, Caroline and Stefan's were a mixture of relief and horror, Damon looked tired, and Elena... Ah Elena. The hatred was evident on her face, but underneath the contempt I could see fear. I felt my smile grow wider at that, my face changing to my true features, as I took a step closer to her.

Before I could take a second step, Damon was in my way. I laughed, I actually laughed at him. "Do you really think you can stop me?" I taunted the older Salvatore. I looked to Elena, "Want to see me make him disappear?" Elena looked confused, as did the others as I started to count. "1... 2... 3... Abra Kedabra..." I shouted theatrically. Damon no longer stood before me. The shock on everyone's faces caused a small giggle to escape between my lips. "Well as much as I would like to take the credit, I believe you've all met my lovely assistant." I raised my arm, indicating behind them.

They all turned at the same time to see Nik, who had Damon pinned to the wall, behind them. "Ta Da!" Nik drawled, his gaze never leaving me. It was almost like he didn't even notice Damon desperately struggling against his hold.

I once again turned my attention to my once good friend, Elena. Her head swivelled from where I stood to Damon repeatedly. She was completely cornered and she knew it. "So," I began, "Where was I?" I tapped my chin as if I were trying to remember.

In the next instant I was in front of Elena. I back handed her across the face as hard as I could. Which was, as it turned out, pretty darn hard. Elena's head snapped to the left and she stumbled back with the force. Her vampire features emerged as she hissed at me, which of course made me laugh again. She took that moment to lunge at me, a scream of rage erupting from her. I easily caught her fist in mine, mere inches from my stomach.

The smile vanished from my lips as I pulled her closer. "Going for my baby again? You're gonna regret that doppelbitch." I growled at her. I pulled back my free hand, and this time it wasn't a slap. I felt my fist connect with her face and heard a distinct snap. When I pulled back, Elena's nose had been crushed. It started to heal, so I just hit her again.

*************

Stefan and Caroline shared a look. Shouldn't someone stop this? Jennifer was clearly going to kill Elena, right now she seemed to be getting some of her anger out, but it was clear where this was headed.
Caroline took a step closer to Jennifer, but was stopped by Nik. He had snapped Damon's neck and was watching Jennifer with... pride? Caroline knew instantly that he wouldn't let her stop Jennifer from killing their old friend. She looked to Nik's siblings for help. Rebekah wore almost the same look as Nik, so Caroline focused on their older brother. "We made a deal Elijah. We promised Elena wouldn't die."