Chapter 7

This is about to start getting juicier by the chapter tbh 🙃

Mia in the thumbnail!
August

"Mia!" Scott shouted. He walked in obviously not liking what he'd seen. It was obvious that he was angry. He was steaming, literally. This nigga had steam coming from his hair.

"You good, bruh? You smoking."

"I just got out of an extremely hot shower, if you must know." He said, before storming over here. "Let's go, Mia. We're going home." Mia tried to cover herself with her small hands as he grabbed her up.

"Aye bruh, you can let her go though. All that roughing her up shit ain't necessary." I said as I have her free hand.

"She can speak for herself and she's ready to go."

"You right, she can speak for herself. Say, Mia, do you like him grabbing you like this?" I asked her. She looked at me with sad eyes and shook her head slow. "And are you ready to go now?" She shook her head again.

"Now, let her go." I said to Scott. He hesitated but he did let her arm go before he stormed off into another part of the house.

"I think my stay here is long overdue, August. I have to go."

"You don't necessarily have to, but if you feel like that is what's going to save your relationship then feel free. Just wait until the morning at least, so he'll have time to cool off. I don't need any reason to catch a case." I said.

When the morning came, I went in the room Mia slept in to check on her but she was long gone by then. I know she needed to leave, but a goodbye would have been nice. That's just common courtesy.

I locked up the house and left to go check in at the office. Of course, Princess wasn't there so the fill-in receptionist was. I checked on any appointments I would have and went on about my day. I didn't have any appointments until four o'clock and it was only twelve in the afternoon, giving me time to do whatever I could think of.

"Tiana." I called out to the receptionist. She looked up at me, a bit confused. "Yes, sir?"

"Are you hungry?" I questioned.

"Hell yeah. I ain't ate shit."

Tiana was always cool as hell. She made work a lot more interesting when she came with her dramatic stories about her girlfriend and her son. Although she's my employee, she's actually my best friend. I met her when I first moved here when we used to live in the same apartment complex.

I drove to Chipotle with Tiana on the passenger side while singing along to all kinds of music. Some country music randomly started playing. "What the fuck, Aug? You better keep that honky tonk shit down in Louisiana. We in Atlanta, okay?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Aye man, chill out. I ain't know dat shit would start playin. I didn't make dis playlist. Blame Spotify."

"Nah, I'm blaming your John Deere driving, horseback riding, straw hat and overall wearing ass for this, nigga. It's yo phone!"

"Chill befo I put ya leggo block body ass out my car."

We got to Chipotle and once it was our turn to order, Tiana ordered the biggest, most expensive dish on the menu.

"Your total is thirty-four dollars and eighteen cents." The young cashier said.

I paid for both of our meals and we went to sit down and eat. I noticed she'd keep picking at her food instead of eating it. "What's wrong with you, Tee?" I questioned.