Chapter 27

FINAL CHAPTER
Disclaimer: Just in case some of you forgot, Shirley is Nina's mom. And this chapter is short as shit.

Shirley
"Where in the hell is she?" yelled Khalif. "I don't know, I doubt she left. What the fuck happened between you two?" I asked. Khalif was Nina's baby father, he had just finally gotten out of jail after serving two years. I had filled him in on what all that went down and on my new plan. I just need Nina's ass to get back here so we can talk it out.

"I... we got into a lil argument and she tried leaving and I just snapped." He said. I dropped my head then stood up in front of him. A frightened look appeared on his face. "I'm not gonna swing on you boy, she probably deserved it with her mouth." I replied. I knew my daughter's mouth and it was slick.

"Me and her father gonna keep calling, you just go out and look for her car." I said. "Alright mama." Before leaving, Khalif looked at me before kissing me on the lips. I blushed in confusion. But I sure as hell didn't pull away.

August
"Alright August, we heading upstairs." Said Dex. "We are?" interrupted Leon. Dex waved his hand angrily and the guys followed behind. I continued placing the ice onto Nina's eye. I gave up trying question her on who did this, she wasn't budging for shit. "Look, thanks but I think I'll leave." She said hysterically. "No Nina. You staying aight? So lay back and get comfortable." I demanded. "August, please. I'll be okay. I promise. I will call you as soon as I get up." She said as she got up from the couch. I shook my head and embraced her with a hug. I couldn't hold her against her will so I let her go.

I walked her to the door. "Thank you for not throwing me out." She said while letting out a light chuckle. "I would never do that to you." I said. I rubbed my hand against her cheek and she kissed my cheek goodbye. I opened the door and she left.

I really felt sympathy for Nina. I let go of what she did. I know if I wanted to be genuinely happy within myself, I had to forgive her. But her mama on the other hand can go to hell.

Shirley
"Stop right there!" I shouted. We pulled up to August's place. After driving for hours, I remembered a tracking device I had placed onto Nina's car, for parenting purposes of course. I could see Nina sitting inside of the car holding something up to her face. "I'm about to go in and bust this nigga." Said Khalif. "No, sit yo ass here. You need to save your strength for later. I got a plan that can most definitely work.  I just hate that it has to go this way but I deserve to live the life I want and dammit, I'm gonna live it.

We waited and finally she pulled off. We followed behind her. "You ready?" Asked Khalif.

"Been ready." I replied.

THE END

Sorry for the cliffhanger 😩

What's gonna happen to Nina?

Don't assume the expected 👀😌

You'll find out in book two, but it won't be until further into it. It will mainly focus on August and of course Mia. Will their be a reunion? Or, will August fall for one of his newer clients who also will be playing a game of her own...

This book is finally done! 😭😤😤🎉🎉 thank you guys for reading :) it really means a lot. I wasn't expecting to accomplish anything with this book lmao. Book 2 coming SOON.