Chapter 12

This chapter might be a little rushed or even boring but it's okay, y'all will survive. Time for some drama to pop off, K?

August

Skip to New Year's Eve

"August, are you gonna help me or just watch me struggle?!" Mia yelled. Today is New Year's Eve and we were in the grocery store trying to rack up on food, snacks, and beverages. "Watching you struggle jus' a la' bit mo' fun than helping you." I laughed as I snapped pictures of her standing on her tippy toes to reach for a soda from the top shelf. "Fuck you!" She shouted.

"Tiana, come help ha'. She need it." Tiana peeled her eyes away from the big bin of candy that was in the middle of the aisle. She walked over to see what was going on. She stale faced me and said, "Nigga, I'm short too. Matter of fact, I'm shorter than Mia."

"Y'all la' asses needa grow so I'on have ta keep doing dis."

I finally decided to help Mia out when I realized she started to really become frustrated. "Thank you." She smiled wide. Her mood just completely changed over this damn soda that she'd been going at it with.

"You done cryin'?" I asked sarcastically. "I was never crying, shut the fuck up." She slapped my arm as she walked past me, heading towards the chips aisle. I heard Tiana laughing as she opened a bag of chips I know she didn't pay for.

"What you laughing at?" I questioned. "I'm laughing at you and your wifey bickering." She said.

"You know it ain't like dat, chill." I told her. And it wasn't like that. After the kiss on Christmas, we decided that being friends would be best for both of us. After all, I know that we were just caught up in the moment.

"Pshh, I hear you." She said as we followed behind Mia, picking up multiple bags of chips and throwing them in the cart. "Why you want us together so bad fa'? Is that gon' have some kind of effect on ya' life?" I asked.

"Y'all are made for each other. And yes, it actually would. I'd sleep much better at night." Tiana shrugged. "And how do you know who's made for who?" Mia questioned. "Exactly." I cosigned.

"I know because I'm around you both almost everyday. You two may not know it because you aren't looking at yourselves from a third person standpoint. Everybody agrees with me, except for you two."

"Well, August and I agreed on keeping things platonic."

"Like Wale said, all that platonic shit just for TV shows." Tiana said. Mia shook her head and pushed the cart towards the self checkout. After paying for all of our items and loading the back of my truck, we headed back to my house. We walked in to see Jasmine and Iyanna playing my game.

"So y'all two niglets come in here jus' doing whatever, huh?"

"You know we run this." Iyanna joked. Over time, she'd grown comfortable with everyone, especially Mia for some reason. She'd taken a liking to Mia and the two instantly created a bond. Shit, everybody loves Mia.

"Yeah, y'all both can run them groceries to the fridge." I said sarcastically. "Sike. I have to go pick up the wings." Jasmine said as she picked up her keys and headed out the door. "Baby, I'll be back in a second!" She shouted to Tiana. Tiana replied with a simple 'ok' as she opened up a bag of chips.

"Those are fa' tonight!" I said before I snatched the bag away. "You snatch food away from again and see what happens."

"You ready fa' the New Year?" I asked, changing the subject. "I'm ready for whatever comes my way. What about you are you ready?" She asked as Mia walked in the kitchen.