Chapter 15

AN: This chapter is short. But the next one won't be ..

Mia

My stomach began to growl excessively so I'm just hoping that August remembered to take his phone again. I reached to grab my phone, I went straight to my call log and tapped to call August. Before I could even press call, Ti started calling me.

"Dammit." I uttered.

"Bitch that better had been a hello." she yelled.

"Hey girl, whats going on with you?'

"Nothing just took my baby to granny's house. But hoe you know why I called. How did everything go? Bitch did you finally get some dick?"

I sighed."Girl dick is not everything. But if you must know, yes I did. But something else happened last night." The tone of my voice quickly changed. I know Tiana would pick up on that.

"Like what? An argument?" she responded.

I took a deep sigh before telling Ti about the Nina situation. I knew she was gonna curse my ass out for handling the situation like I did. But I don't wanna bring in any problems into our relationship and I believed August.

I knew he wouldn't keep any secrets from me let alone lie to me.

"Lord Mia

"Lord Mia. Even though I would've fucked his ass up and probably ran her down, you handled it with class and I applaud you for that." She responded.

I was surprised at her response. Is Ti trying to change up on me? I thought.

"But now that I think about it, August never told me the real reason why she was here. And there had to be a reason. They've been broken up for over a year now. Now she just randomly pops up."

"Well girl you know what we gotta do now. Definitely question his ass when he get home. Afterwards come by so we can talk about it."

"Alright boo."

After I hung up with Tiana my thoughts began to resurface . Was August hiding something ? Should I be worried?

I decided to go downstairs and get some wine to ease my mind. I closed the bedroom door and as I came down the stairs I could see August and Dex rushing in.

"Oh, hey baby."
"Wassup Mia!"

They both looked out of breath and looked like they were up to no good.

"Hi Dex. Um.. August I need to talk with you now."

"Well I'm gonna help myself in the kitchen and to ya TV Aug. Handle ya business bruh."

August
I followed Mia upstairs so we could talk. She didn't seem too pissed so I assumed she didn't find my phone. As we made it to the top she stopped abruptly and turned with her arms crossed.

"Why was Nina here last night? You never really told me. And I deserve an answer."

Shit. I stood eyeing her with a stupid expression across my face trying to quickly think of an excuse. Knowing what she went through in her last relationship, I didn't wanna put Mia through any of that again.

"She came to check on my mama. She heard about her being sick and she was concerned. They were close at one point."

That was the best excuse I had. Now all I could hope for was that she believed me.

"So If they were so damn close then why couldn't she call?" She responded. She unfolded her arms and came closer to me. All I could hope was that she ain't start swinging on a nigga.

"Probably because my mama cut contact. She did that with all of my.. I meant with the few that I did bring home."

I was tired of talking about the whole Nina thing and just wanted to cut it all out.

"Look babe don't worry. That's in the past. Now go downstairs and try and run Dex ass home so we can have some time together alright." I kissed her forehead reassuring her that everything was okay.

When in all actuality things weren't.

______________________

Hope you guys enjoy !

Sorry for any errors/typos !

Vote , Comment ✨