Chapter 17

Mia
I've been sitting in my car for three hours crying on and off after what just happened. Right when I finally thought my life and love life were getting on track, something comes and fucks it up.

I grabbed my box of tissues out of the glove department to wipe my tears and runny nose. As I went to raise up I saw an old Polaroid of August and I. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, and I was smiling. I didn't wanna lose that just yet. That genuine feeling of being happy. I began to have second thoughts about everything.

Maybe I overreacted? Yes.

I should've talked it out with him? Yes.

Do I honestly have any right to be upset?

That question lingered in my mind heavy since I left. This baby could've been conceived while me and August weren't even together for all I know. But the fact of the matter is, it still hurts. I knew if I rushed back now I would kind of look stupid, so I decided to stay out longer and just got to Tiana's place to vent. I texted her before coming by to make sure she's home.

Me: hey ti, are you at home? Ima come thru, I need to vent?!
Tiana: yeah I'm here boo, I'll be waiting.
Me: alright, omw.

I put the key into the ignition and put the car into gear and drove off. To get my mind somewhat off of the situation, I told my car, Ally, to play some music. "Ally play some music, none of that sap shit though."

"Okay Mia." She replied.

And of course, she did the complete opposite. She started playing some of the most depressing songs that I didn't need to hear.

"Now play, Marvins Room - Drake."

Oh Please. I grabbed more tissue out of my box because his song always managed to get me in my feelings.

August
I paced back and forth with my hands on my head. Still in shock at the fact that she really left. I was hoping she would've stayed and heard me out. I know that she was hurt but I just wished we could've talked it out. I guess I should've spoken up sooner. But I just couldn't hurt her like that.

Right after she left, Dex stormed out as well. I snapped on him for telling Mia which wasn't right. I figured he would've kept that to him, seeing as though he was my boy and all. But I couldn't stay mad at him. And I know he won't stay mad at me long. But right now my focus was getting on good terms with Mia.

I've been calling her non stop but I didn't wanna smother her, I'm going to fallback until she's ready to talk.

I sat on the couch and grabbed the remote. I began flicking through the channels to find something to watch. I needed to clear my head.

Mia
"He said what!" Tiana yelled.

"Ti calm down. But yes he said that. I was just as shock as you are now."

Tiana and I have been sitting for over an hour now discussing everything.

"So what are you going to do? Whatever you decide to do I'll support you. Even if you decide to leave his ain't shit ass."

I chuckled. "Oh, so now he ain't shit? Same one that wanted us together. But I don't know what I'm going to do. I do wanna talk it out though. I gave him chance after chance to come out about it but kept hiding it."

"And his excuse will probably be, something like he didn't wanna hurt you. So he decided to hide the secret to protect you." She said as she took a sip of her wine while rolling her eyes.

Tiana has been through enough relationships, so she always gave the best advice. I wish I could go to my own mother but she's the last person who could really give any advice on a relationship.

I rested my head on Tina's shoulder. The tears came streaming again. I took a deep sigh as I sipped more of my wine.

"Now look, I don't know about you but your girl is hungry. You know I like to eat 24/7."

I began laughing uncontrollably. Not because of what she said but because the wine began kicking in.

"Bitch you tipsy off of wine." She shook her head as she helped me off the couch.

"Let's get some food in you." she said.

We walked into her kitchen and Ti started raiding her refrigerator while I poured more whine into my glass.

"Hey Ti, you wanna hit up the club?"

We both stopped and looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Girl you know I don't do clubs." she said.

"Can I ask you something else." I said.

"Sure boo."

"Should I take him back? I don't think I can be around the baby when it gets here Ti. I just don't."

"You'll be okay. Follow your heart Mia. What I think shouldn't matter because at the end of the day it means nothing."

_____________________________
Sorry for any typos/errors

           VOTE & COMMENT