Chapter 23

might be a little short...

August
I placed on my hospital gloves and mask, and slid on my hair cover so I could go in the room with Nina. She was being rushed into an emergency cesarean section. The doctors weren't telling us much and it was getting to me. I just wanted to know of my lil man was gonna be alright. I stood by Nina's side and gripped her hand as the nurses adjusted her bed so they could roll her out. I wiped the tears from Nina as she sobbed. Even though we've been through a lot, I didn't want her to go through this. And I made a promise to myself that if we got through this that I would change and try and work on our relationship for the baby.

Finally, the nurses finished and we began to leave out the room. Before we even got our the door, Nina's mom showed up. "Oh my, baby are you okay?" She yelled as she bumped me out the way.

Nina didn't say thing and brushed her hand away as she tried to rub her face. "Oh August, I think it's best if I go back with her." She said. The last thing I wanted was to cause a scene. But this lady must be out her damn mind. Her child and grand child's life is in jeopardy and she wants to argue on who should go back?

"Mom, August already has on the fit, just let him go I'll be ok with him." Nina said. The nurses tried to but in and reassure Nina's mom that everything would be ok but she wasn't budging. "No. Now I'm going back there with my daughter and that's that. August take that shit off now." She yelled and she slammed into the door.

I quickly took everything off so she could get into it. I was already pissed enough but I just wanted everything to be over with. I didn't have time to argue with this woman. I kissed Nina's forehead and walked to the waiting room where the rest of her family sat. I glanced and saw Tone here as well. "Yo wassup mane." I said. We dapped each other as I sat down.

"Man I heard the news, you know Nina moms can't hold water. So I rushed down." I laughed. "Trust me I know, she came in there tripping but I ain't wanna hold shit up so I let her go back there. We continued to talk as we waited all sat an waited impatiently to hear from the doctor.

Nina
I couldn't believe my mom, she really caused a big scene for nothing. I tossed and turned as I looked up at the nurses rushing me into the operating room. I glanced up and saw my mom and pulled away as she leaned in to kiss me. "Look Nina, if something went wrong I didn't want him in here to hear about shit. We need to be able to keep things under wrap. I already got something in the works just incase."

And even after knowing her grandchild's, hell even my life was in jeopardy she still wanted to go through with this fuck shit. I was livid. I kept looking up and the room was spinning. Nurses were dashing by me super fast. Everything was happening so quickly, I couldn't keep up. And finally, I looked over at my mom and noticed she was crying. But not in a cheerful matter. I reached my hands out for my baby but she placed them down.

The nurse came around and looked at me with such a depressing stare. She shook her head and say I'm sorry. I began to cry and cry. I really lost my baby. My first born. My mom reached down and kissed my forehead as we cried together. She wiped my tears and began chanting a prayer. I looked over and saw the nurses bringing my baby out of the room, as he was wrapped and covered. He wasn't moving, not crying, he wasn't doing anything. I was in shock that I really lost my first born child.

The doctor came up and told us he would alert the family. My mother, without hesitation, pulled him to the side and began talking to him. I kept going in and out and their words became fuzzy. I couldn't hear what she was saying to him.

Mia
It's been a few weeks since Chase has been in town, and we've been catching up every day. It's been nice to just be able to hang out and let go of everything. And sorta forget about things. Tonight we were meeting up at his place, he was preparing one of his "famous dishes" for me. I sorted through my closet looking for something to wear. I didn't wanna overdue it and wanted to put on something light. But let's face it, I always over did shit. No matter what function or lil get together I went to. I came across a dress, blue and white to be exact. Perfect I thought.

I wasn't trying to impress chase or anything but I did want to look nice for him. I mean I didn't see anything wrong with trying to look cute for another male companion.

I tossed my robe onto the bed and put on the dress. I did a little strut in front of the mirror before deciding on whether or not I wanted to change. I decided not to. I placed on my white slides, by rih, and grabbed my purse to leave.

(Fast forwarding to her arriving at his place)

I knocked twice and waited for a Chase to open the door. "Hey, Mia!" Chase said. "Hi Chase!" I responded. We hugged each other as he welcomed me in. He smelt so delightful and looked so good. "Take a seat, the food will be done shortly." He said.

I sat on the couch and began occupying my time by looking at Living Single as I waited.

As I sat, Chase walked out taking off his shirt and put on another. I couldn't help stare. Lord he looked so good.

"Baby, what did I tell you about changing in front of company?" Said some guy as he walked into the living room.

Baby? I mumbled . Wait, Chase is....

_________________________

Sorry for any typos, errors!

VOTE & COMMENT ✨💛