Chapter 9

[August]

3 days later...

I woke up that morning to an empty bed in my empty home. Nina didn't return home over the weekend and I honestly wasn't pressed. If she wants to continue running away then that's up to her. Unlike many other times, I didn't go searching for her. The disappearing act is tired and I'm tired of entertaining it. I stayed home for a few hours just in case she returned but once seven o'clock, I called Tiana to get out of the house. All weekend, I was stressing about Nina but I won't continue to stress myself out over her. I felt like she was cheating after hearing her phone conversation but now I strongly believe that she's fucking around with someone else.

Since I agreed to meet Tiana at the bar at 9:30, I started to get ready at 8. I took a shower, got dressed, accessorized and went about my way. As expected, I arrived before Tiana and the game on the TV wasn't entertaining at all so I went ahead and ordered a drink since there was nothing better to do. As soon as I took a sip of the liquor, Tiana appeared.

"Damn, alcoholic. You couldn't even wait a few more minutes for me before you start drinking?" She said.

"A few mo' minutes? I been waitin fifteen minutes fa yo ass. If I wanna drink, Ima drink. I'on got time ta be waitin all day fa' you."

"I gotta look cute." She said, fluffing her curled hair.

"Cute fa who and fa what? We at da bar and you taken. Nice try, though." I scoffed. She slapped my arm before pointing me over to a circle table where she wanted to sit. I got up and took a seat at the table placed in the middle of the bar.

"Tee, I wanna talk ta you about some shit das been doing on."

"Spill." She quickly commanded.

"Tee, dis a no judge zone na'."

"No judge zone, yes." She assured.

"I'on think I told you but lately Nina be going missing all da time . Usually, she'a leave dat night and won't come back til da next mornin' but dis time she been gone since Friday night and she still ain't back. I usually go lookin fa ha or tryna call ha phone but dis time I ain't e'en give a fuck. I was in da house all weekend but I wasn't ripping and running in attempts ta find ha. I feel like it's not even worth my time nomo. It ain't been nothing but stressful now." I told her.

"As promised, I'm not going to judge but I will say this: When you feel like you're in a relationship and you're always feeling unhappy or stressed then it's not healthy for you or her either. I know that relationships aren't always going to be rainbows and unicorns, but running away without a trace isn't okay. If you feel like you can leave at anytime and not even make your presence on this Earth known then there's a lack of respect."

"You completely right." I said, nodding.

"It's funny that you say that though because my best friend told me that her boyfriend has been doing that same thing lately."

"You got another best friend?" I asked, appalled that she was calling other people her best friend.

"Yes, she's my girl best friend. Don't act like you don't have more than one person you consider a best friend. You're pretty close to that one guy, Dex."

"I don't call him my best friend though."

"Niggas never call each other best friend." She said, rolling her eyes.

"I'on call him dat because I call you dat. Dat's my bro."

"Whatever nigga."

"Anyway, who is dis girl best friend of yours?"