Chapter9

Phoenix's POV

I hear the endless slap of trainers against concrete. Sweat runs down my back, trickling down my body. I catch a glimpse of myself in a dark shop window. My dirty blonde hair is frizzy due to humidity and is clinging onto my face stuck with sweat. I look as red as a tomato, which while sounding humorous, is not the best sight in the world. I carry on running but as I do, I start to change. I hear a ripping sound and look down to see claws emerging from the trainers, my feet. I try to scream but instead, a roar comes out. As I turn the corner, I see a dead end. And then they take me.....

I awake from the dream, my eyelids flickering open. I know what happens next. The Raptors take me. They say that dreams come true, but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too.
I've had this dream continually since I was kidnapped.

Owen's POV

It's the second day of training. Today, as Barry, Saffi and I go down to the Raptors, we decide to go a different way.
Suddenly, I spot a new Raptor enclosure. I park my bike and Saffi (she decided to come with me because she loves my bike, don't we all) and I dismount my bike, Barry parking his quad bike as well.

We walked over to the enclosure, and walked up to the sidewalk.
"Verity, Stop. Eliz and Sarah, I see you. Don't even think about it. Good girls," she says to the last two Raptors. By 'she' I mean the trainer. She was around 24, and had medium length brown hair. She was wearing a camaflauge jacket with a polo shirt and shorts. She was quite tall and pretty. But not my type.
"Pack up," she exclaims in her cool clear voice. "I saw you come in. Maisie," she says, extending her hand.
"Owen. This is Barry, we're both your fellow Raptor trainors," I say with a hint of friendly sarcasm,"and this is Saffi, Barry's daughter," I say.
"Nice to meet you. This is my pack, Verity's the pack leader, and the rest are Eliz, Sarah, Izzy and Kaitlyn. They're named after my bffals." After that we just have a little discussion and then we make our way to Barry's enclosure.

Okay, sorry guys for not updating for a while, but to make up, I'll try and do two updates today :) also, thank you guys for so many views and votes!!!!! I love you all!!!! <3