Chapter21

Owen's POV

Where could she be? I need her. I owe her my life. She's protected me from the other raptors countless times and now.... she's probably dead. How could they do this? How could I have let them? How? This is all my fault, for not finding her sooner. My fault. I killed her. I did this. It was me...

Barry's POV

Owen's still not back. We've been waiting for about 20 minutes, but he's not returned. Saffi walks into the room with a cup of tea. Maisie's nursing a bruise she got from Saffi throwing her radio.... RADIO! It suddenly occurs to me the reason that Owen's not back is because he's looking for Phoenix. But Phoenix is here. And he'd be back if we told him. 

"Maisie, why didn't you tell Owen that you had Phoenix? I mean with your radio," I ask her.

"Oh, because it broke when we were escaping....Oh!" she shouts, understanding what I'm saying. I quickly remove my radio from my belt and speak into it. No reply. I can see the worry in Saffi's face and know she's thinking what I'm thinking. What is Owen's been captured....I shout his name into the radio, hoping he's there. This time there's a reply. I hurriedly tell him about Phoenix. He replies with only two words.

"I'm Coming."