Chapter10

Okay, so I didn't get to update twice yesterday, sorry, but I will try to make a long chapter now that I've got a few hours. Here we go.

4 Days Later

Barry's POV

As we make our way to my enclosure with Owen, Saffi and Maisie, I can't help feeling a  bit worried about Saffi. It seems like she hasn't been eating well since we first met Maisie and she's always nervous every time we're around her. I can feel her small hands clinging onto my shoulders. She decided to come with me on my quad bike because I have a feeling she doesn't trust Maisie to stay with me. Owen and Maisie are behind us on his motor bike. Owen revs up to catch up with us and lets out a low laugh when Saffi smirks at him and tells me to go faster. I happily oblige and suddenly it's a race, with Maisie laughing alongside me and Owen, with even Saffi giving a little smile. I can feel her attempt to be happy. You could say it's a father-daughter thing. 

Saffi's POV

Today, Dad's supposed to be training the Raptors to respond to a clicker, but, to be frank,he was failing. The Raptors, especially Kady, were all over the place, and were more interested in the gate than the small black object in his hand. Owen was looking slightly flustered because of the Raptors' behavior; a trainee asking way  too many questions than socially acceptable and Maisie constantly trying to get his attention. I despise Maisie. She's always trying to get Owen to talk to her when it's obvious that Owen doesn't want to.  She's constantly trying to get him away from me. That's why I don't let her anywhere near my Dad. Incase she takes him away too. She's the reason why I don't feel well anymore. But not anymore.

Owen's POV

I swear that Maisie's gotten really clingy during the past few days. She's always trying to get me on my own but to be honest, I don't trust her enough for that. 

We walk out to our bikes and I'm really glad that Saffi's hanging out near mine.

"Missing my bike?" I say with a smirk.

"Something like that," she replies, climbing on behind me. I start up the engine and race off towards my Raptors, Barry and Maisie following closely behind. After about two minutes, I slow down a bit.

"So, are you okay? You've been seeming a bit different lately," I ask Saffi. She's silent for a bit.

"I don't know. It's just that I don't really trust Maisie that much and I feel you've been talking to her a lot and you don't like me anymore and it's just I really like you and how I always feel really safe around you because you're like my big brother but more cool and less annoying and.....yeah." She lets out a sigh and it's obvious that she's been holding that in for a while. It kind of surprises me a little.

"Hey, you're like my little sister and I will always protect you and be there for you, and besides, I kinda agree with you about Maisie. In fact, do you wanna hang out at mine tonight, I'll drop you back if you want as well." It's good to know that somebody feels about Maisie the same way I do. She agrees to this, and so does Barry, who's finally caught up with me. 

Maisie's POV

Why won't he listen to me? I need to talk to him. 

A couple days ago, I overheard a scientist saying that a Raptor in Owen's pack has a genetic mutation. And it's part human. I need to talk to him about it. I think this is bigger than what it seems. And it already seems pretty big.