Chapter18

Owen's POV

"Maisie, are you ready? Over," I whisper into the walkie talkie. A second later the reply crackles through.
"Yes.... I'm not saying the o-word." She's such a bummer.
"Go!"

Maisie's POV

I walk into the quarantine area, catching the guard's eye.
"HEY! What are you doing here?"
"Oh, don't you know? I'm the feeder. These dinosaurs can't exactly hunt can they?"
"Oh yeah, I don't see no ID," Ahhh shoot.
"Really? It must be here somewhere," I mutter, turning away from him. Suddenly I kick him upwards in the head, giving him a concussion. At least those martial arts lessons paid off. Almost as an after thought, I take the guy's pass key from around his thick neck. Rodriguez Martinez. Well thanks Rodriguez. I inspect the card more carefully. Uhh. Owen can be such an idiot.

Barry's POV

I can't believe, out of all the situations my computer hacking skills would help, DINO-NAPPING is what I'm doing.
I need to find the passcode to release Phoenix. Okay. I've got five tries.
"Hey Dad,"
"Not now Saffi," It might be an anagram. 4 tries left.
"No, you might wanna see this."
"Not now Saffi," I reply, getting frustrated. A number code mix? 3 tries. Oh no.
"Dad!" I don't bother replying. What is it? 2 tries left! Ahh I pressed the wrong key in my.... Manly.... Rage?
"RIGHT!" Comes Saffi's voice.
"Ok, Saffi dear," I say mildly.
1 try left.
"Here you are!" And then she thrusts the passcode under my nose. "It was in the file called PASSCODES."
"Right. I knew that," I say meekly.
She just rolls her eyes in return. Whew. And then I finally look at the sheet. The password is..... Dinosaurs. DINOSAURS?! UGHHH. ARE THEY STUPID? Out of all the secure passwords in the world, they chose dinosaurs, the passcode to unlock every dinosaur in the quarantine area.

Saffi's POV

Normally, I would be annoyed at Dad for underestimating me so easily, but we're both so stressed out, I let it drop with a roll of my eyes. I dash into the holding area, Dad hot on my heels. We hear numerous dinosaur noises coming from within the maze of the quarantine. Oh jeez, any chance they've got a tourist map of the place?
I look back at Dad, and he gives me a funny look, which somehow I completely deciphered the meaning of. With a nod, we both run off in opposite directions.