Chapter25

Owen's POV

"Dr Wu, you're going to have to come with us." Wu glances up from the massive computer dominating his desk. The nonchalant look in his eyes just makes me want to punch him more.
"I'm sorry, but I'm busy at the minute, you can book an appointment, surely you read that in my contract Mr Masrani?" he replies cooly.
"Dr Wu... This is a pressing matter and you must come immediately, whatever work you are currently doing can wait," growls Mr Masrani.
Wu raises an eyebrow at the tone, but stays intently focused on the screen.
"Sorry, but I am currently doing something, it is not in my profile to leave things half finished."
"That theory is interesting, as you put a half human brain in a raptor, surely that human is now 'half finished'?" That finally grabs the attention of the white coated geneticist.
"I shall let you know that I did nothing of the sort. Besides, I do not make the Raptors, I am working on a new...," he throws a sideway glance at the us trainers and focuses on Mr Masrani again,"...asset," he purrs.
Masrani's expression is unreadable. This is shifty.

It is evident that Masrani has no intention of staying with Wu any longer, and frustation grips my mind. I don't care if I'm not meant to speak yet, this is intolerable.
"Do you have any idea what you, or your geneticists, have done?" I hiss at Wu, leaning on his desk. He gives me a startled look, which gives me a savage satisfaction. I glare at him coldly and the look in his eyes is like a scared deer. A bitter smirk flashes onto my face and I straighten up. Cracking my knuckles threateningly, I turn on my heel and smirk at the disturbed looks on everyone's faces.

"Ready to go?"

***

It's clear Wu can't help us anymore. In a remote part of my mind, I can stop thinking about this new ..asset. It must be important if it's Wu working on it. But then again, how much can I trust Wu? After all, it just seemed like he wanted to make himself more important. He needs to get off his high horse. Before I punch him off.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the CEO say my name.
"Did you hear what we just said?"
"Ummm, do you want the honest answer?" I say meekly.
Claire gives me an exaggerated roll of her eyes, and I shake my head at her.

She's not as nature as she makes herself out to be.

The fact makes me smirk internally.
"I said, we need to gather as much information about Phoenix. We need leverage and something to fight with."

"Okay, well we've got the file, but we need something else," I say.

Then it hits me. The best tool and info we have... Is Phoenix herself.

Hi guys, so this is longer than my normal chapters, I hope you like it! I think updating once every two weeks is a lot easier for me, but what are your opinions? I honestly don't bite 😂, I love looking at all your comments and votes!! Thanks for reading!