The Fires No Longer Burn

There was a phrase that said once you find love you fall deep in it. When it's supposed to be true, go for it. But the problems against it always stand and block the path.
I had met a girl. A girl met me. Pretty simple. Love at first sight was probably triggered between both of us. Well it did for me anyway. I had thought I'd never see her against, due to the rivalry that was between our families. I wished I could break the rivalry so I could be with her. She probably has thought the same.
I was that Peeta Mellark and that was the start of my first and only proper love story.
Then at nineteen, we both entered a very serious situation. Life or death.
We choose to keep fighting for our lives so our love could exist. Our love that wasn't accepted by the people that were around us.
I wasn't the young man who you saw before this young woman entered. When that Katniss Everdeen entered.
I was the opposite but now, you wouldn't know if it was me.
I was loved however unsure of the rivalry for thirteen years. We moved to District 10, we got married the day we moved into an apartment. I got his calf amputated. We fought our hardest through a high risk pregnancy, only resulting in a premature birth and loss of our first born Rose Mellark. Suffering to PTSD and stress. After a year, we came back to District 12 and pleaded for an end. That rivalry bestowed upon us then to be lifted. And it was.
Now here I am. I live happily with Katniss and my small family by the lake. We experienced a successful, no problem pregnancy and joyfully entered Dwyn Jessica-Rose Mellark into the world. Now four years later, happy as ever, we three are to welcome another girl into our lives. One Katniss hopes to be an image of me, Dwyn being an image of Katniss. I still remember our Rose Mellark, the one I only had my eyes on for 10 minutes but knew for 8 months and 4 hours.
The fate of my family and I are not in my hands, how I wish it was. I do all I can to give as much comfort, care, safety, hard work and love to keep my family the way it is. The way I want it to stay forever. That's one of my only wishes.
I'm having the life I never thought I'd receive from just a small encounter with Katniss Mellark. Our love was destined from the moment I had laid eyes on her. That moment at the dance.
I'm Peeta Mellark and this, has been and still will be the strongest love story ever told.
But now..
I'll have to remind her that.