Chapter 13: Katniss

This moment would definitely be more perfect if he was here. But in is moment, it is just my daughters and I. Peeta would've loved to be experiencing this with me. But it is just one of those days where he has to work during the weekend.

I absolutely dislike the idea of him not spending more time with us, but his parents still need hand when it comes to helping. Peeta, being the kind person he is, just gives in.

I've told him many times to say no. His family knows we have children, that are young and love having their father around. But he does it anyway. He does it for his income and well being of the family. He is just going to get the girls more upset as the number of times increases.

We have our six-year old and our one-year old, I still need help. They can be a handful, but I manage with his words of encouragement in my head.

Dwyn loves Leigh, it is very clear.

This mini session of dancing between the two is adorable. Leigh is standing up, holding onto Dwyn's fingers while Dwyn is jumping and dancing on the spot. Being careful of her sister.

I smile as I sit cross-legged on the ground, close by. Admiring the sight before me.

My daughters and husband keep my world going. It is that easy. I were to lose any, I'd die more inside. I already died a little with the loss of our first born.

Rose.

The thought of her makes me sob. It really does. I lost her 7 years ago. We lost her 7 years ago. I doubt if Peeta even thinks of her anymore. I think about her lot.

I wipe my eyes and let out a shaky breath. It was my fault.

"Dwyn." I smile when she turns to me. "Can you get your sister on the couch for me please? I'm going to prepare her bottle." I say, double checking the clock.

"Yeah Mama." she agrees and leads Leigh to the couch.

I get up but nearly cry in pain when my head bumps into the shelf above me. My hand shoots to the spot where my head hit the corner and feel it already swelling.

"Are you okay Mama?" Dwyn asks, I nod my head in response.

"Yeah, I'm fine baby girl." I kiss her head as I pass her on my way to the kitchen.

I grasp the closest chair as an overwhelming feeling of dizziness overcomes me. Was it really that hard? It did hurt quite a bit.

I blink continuously to get my focus good again but it remains in a small blur. The pain was acute however. It's still there.

I try to walk but by the time I'm standing somewhat upright, my legs fail me and I collapse face down onto the floor.
In an instant, my world now a field of black.