Chapter 3: Peeta

Here I am.

Lying outside, curled up in blankets with my pregnant Katniss and my four year old Dwyn. Embers floating upwards from the small fire that is located close by, keeping us warm to some degree.

Dwyn had insisted. She had insisted that we sleep out here one night before her sister entered the family.

Katniss' hand runs along my bare skin underneath my shirt, giving her some relaxation.

She's really close to giving birth, and I fear for her as well as she does herself. It'll be a new adjustment for all of us. Dwyn won't the only child, however she wouldn't be if Rose was alive. Katniss and I will have two daughters to look after, with Rose still in our thoughts.

"I'm not going to get a lot of sleep tonight so be prepared to stay awake too." Katniss warns and I show her a small smile, my fingers running along her bare back as I hug her closer to me.

"Okay." I murmur in reply and feel my daughter squish into my side more. I look up to the sky, the embers looking like miniature lanterns with the stars. "The sky tonight isn't as beautiful as you and Dwyn." I say and kiss Katniss' forehead.

"I can agree with you about Dwyn. But Peeta, I'm fat, swollen, must look like a zombie because I'm getting no sleep and a complete hormonal mess at the moment. I'm no way near beautiful." Katniss protests.

"You are pregnant and body changes to happen but you are still beautiful. You are such a gorgeous pregnant woman. You are my, complete hormonal mess and nothing is going to make me love you less or think of you as less beautiful. Don't say you aren't, please honey." I retort, whispering as we both know Dwyn can be a light sleeper on some occasions.

I carefully slip my arm away from Dwyn, thankfully staying asleep. I reach my hand down to use my thumb to wipe her eyes as I notice them getting glassy with tears.

I press my lips to the bridge of her nose and she closes her eyes and my hand strokes the side of her face slowly.

"Peeta did you see that?" Katniss questions, looking towards the sky. "The shooting star?"

"I did." I reply with a smile, although I didn't see it in the sky, I saw it reflected in her gorgeous eyes.

"What do you wish for?" Katniss asks, looking at me.

"I wish.. That my wife and daughters have a wonderful life, full of memories. And that, my new daughter and you will be safe when she is delivered." I murmur.

"I wish that you Peeta... will never leave my side. Especially when I am in pain, needing a comforting embrace beside me. I also wish that you and I will continue to be there for each other in our darkest hours. The reminders of the rivalry, the obstacles we were caught in and that Rose, is watching our family up there with a smile." I sniff and nod.

"Of course that is and will happen."

"I wish that the baby fairy comes soon!" A little voice booms and Dwyn sits on my stomach. Awake.

"Do you want to see your little sister?" Dwyn nods at us.

"If you pwomise you still love me." Dwyn adds and our smiles fade.

"Oh Dwyn sweetie, we love you the same amount we will love your sister. At first we are going to be busy with her. She will be very small and need the attention but we will still have time for you." Katniss says, removing her hand from my skin to take her small hand in hers.

"Maybe... Just maybe you could help us? We promise all that." I add.

"Pinkie pwomise?" Dwyn asks, making sure we mean it. She holds up her two pinkies to us.

"Pinkie promise." Katniss and I say and we link our pinkies around hers. All of us showing each other smiles.