Chapter 23: Peeta & Katniss

Peeta's POV:

I wanted to do something. Something special for the three girls that brought me to life again, one by one.

It didn't think it was going to be too subdued, yet too expensive. I knew Katniss would get mad at me if it was too expensive.  

I let the three of them have a morning to themselves,  while I busied myself with work for the most part. As I am taking them out for an evening. I decided to request a family photo shoot for us and then a dinner out.

I'm letting Katniss take the two girls out to get 'prettied up' and enjoy her time with Dwyn and Leigh. I hope they all enjoy it.

Now it is my turn. By myself, yet I pretty much don't care. I've been love sick most of the day, missing my three girls. But in fifteen minutes, we'll finally be reunited for the rest of the day. I'm dressing myself in dress pants and a tucked shirt, slicked back hair. Dwyn will probably look at me funny because of how different I may look.

I leave the house. Closing it behind me and heading to the car. Dwyn, Katniss and Leigh will be dropped off at our first location. As I drive out of the woods and onto the back of Katniss' parent's property I force myself to not stop and sneak a peek at them.

As I approach their driveway, I stop and smirk at the house. Where my wife and daughters are. My smirk softens into a smile and I turn onto the driveway and go to the photographer's business branch.

- - - - -

Katniss' POV:

Dwyn runs to the window when he hears a car driving into the premises. While I finish getting myself ready for the afternoon's events. I sit at my old dresser, Prim finishing up with the hair curler and Leigh lying in the bassinet beside me.

Dwyn gasps and I smile. "It's Daddy! Daddy just drove past!" She said when she could recognise the car.

"Is it princess? We should head off soon them if Daddy just left." He said and grinned at Prim. 

"His mouth is going to drop when he see's all of you in your dresses and looking all gorgeous." I smile and look at Prim.

"You think so?" I question, not believing it.

"Oh yes. On the floor mouth drop." Prim clarifies and I let out a laugh.

"If you say so." I say as Prim turns off the curler and I look at myself in the mirror. I let out a small grin. Maybe he will be in total shock.

"Okay, Leigh has been fed. Hopefully she can last until her bottle feed at dinner. Dwyn and Leigh are ready. I am ready, I think." I go through and then look at Prim.

"Do you really think he's going to like this dress?" I ask, looking at Prim. She nods and I get my final confirmation.

I sigh and pick up the bag for Leigh, herself and hold Dwyn's hand. Still looking through the window. "Let's go little ones. Let's go shock daddy."