Chapter 17: Katniss

I have probably stared at the hospital bracelet so much that my eyes could burst. Trying to wrap my head around all the events that has lead up to this present day.

Yet no new memories show up. Just a big blank space is there.

Something has gone terribly wrong. That is all I can summarise about this. Peeta is distraught about my state and all I can over hear is what I should remember.

Am I really a mother?

Am I his wife now?

Has the rivalry broken once for all?

The door opens and Peeta comes in. I immediately pretend to be asleep. Peeta sighs and sniffs, walking up to my bed. His warm fingers graze over the top of mine, there is a sudden spark that fills my veins as a response.

"Katniss. I know the old you is in there. I know the one that has all these memories is there and I want that you to fight your way back to me. To all of us who care about you. Dwyn and Leigh, they don't know what's happened to you."

Who are Dwyn and Leigh? Are they my 'children'?

"Dwyn is already so afraid when she saw you on the floor, unresponsive. I'm so proud that she called an ambulance for you, called me and looked after Leigh. You can be a proud mother.'

So they are my children, that I don't remember having.

"Whatever is going on in that head of yours. All that confusion. I want you to know I will keep fighting until you get it all back. But I will have to suffer myself, not having you with me. The one that isn't confused."

Peeta's hand cups my cheek and he bends down to peck my forehead. So gently. "I love you no matter what."

Something wet lands on my cheek, where his hand is not occupying. Tears. The moisture sinking into my skin and travelling towards my jaw.

"I'm going to go check up on Dwyn and Leigh. I'll be back soon." He sniffs again. His hands runs down my and joins my fingers very briefly.

As he exits, I wait a few moments before opening my eyes. Nothing has changed to the room, besides the warmth and presence of Peeta.

I sit up, his tear running down my face quicker. On the verge of some of mine joining his. My face falls into a frown.

What have I done to him?

I'm not attached to much, but they still have to remain the way they are with me. Quickly, yet slowly, I climb out of bed and head towards the door. The furthest I have probably travelled since I got here a week ago. Besides the bathroom.

I push the door open and keep it ajar. I turn my head to find him. Seeing Peeta walking into the distance, down the hall. Hunched over as he walks, head down; hands in his jean pockets.

My mouth only lets one word come out in a whisper. He wouldn't be able to hear me, he's too far away. "Peeta."

Yet he does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS I'M BACK. SCHOOL HAS FINISHED FOR THE YEAR... SO MORE UPDATES UNTIL CHRISTMAS.

I'm possibly seeing Mockingjay Part 2 on Thursday, and if not definitely on Saturday. I AM NOT READY, so if you don't get and update after then... I've died. XD

Jk but I'm going to not survive the 2 1/2 hour film.