Chapter 8: Peeta

I smile widely as I see Katniss, stretched across the whole sofa with Leigh in her arms. Leigh feeding on her mother and Katniss with her eyes closed and head reclined onto the arm rest. Smiling too. My head turns to the other side of the sofa, where Dwyn is carefully curled up asleep between Katniss' legs.

I quietly sit on my knees in front of Katniss and Leigh before my hand goes to stroke Leigh's small head, accidentally brushing across Katniss' hand.

"Peeta?" Katniss mumbles as I turn to look at her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I murmur and she smiles at me.

"I was awake, I was just resting while this munchkin has her huge feed. She isn't stopping." We both chuckle at her statement.

"Hey, I had an idea. It would probably be best done now.." I start, trailing off when I see Katniss confused.

"If you really want to go swimming with Leigh it's a no. Peeta, she's only two days old." Katniss protests and I shake my head.

"No, about announcing her arrival to family."

"Okay, go ahead." Katniss wavers her hand quickly.

"There's a photography studio in town, they do all sorts of occasions. Maybe we could go and have a photoshoot of us as a family? Then get one printed and sent in the mail with details etc. While she's in her early days." I propose and let Katniss think about it.

"Okay, we can do it now. You are right, we should do it when they don't want to both us." I smile.

"You get yourself and Leigh ready, I'll do Dwyn and myself." I state kiss Katniss' head before kissing Leigh's.

"You have to stop baby girl. We don't want you to drown your insides from drinking too much." I whisper to Leigh and chuckle. I stand up and carefully detach Dwyn from Katniss' legs.

"Daddy?" Dwyn whispers as I place her head against my shoulder and hold her on my chest.

"Yeah princess, we're going out to get some photos so we need to get you ready." I say and Dwyn wraps her arms around my neck.

"Okay." Dwyn replies and I kiss her arm as I walk to her bed room. I figure out a way to wake her up more...

"How about I make a deal with you. After the photos, we'll get ice cream?" That does it as her head bolts up.

"Ice cream?" Dwyn chirps and I give her a wide smile.

"Better not tell Mama though." I suggest and catch Katniss listening in. I send her a wink without Dwyn noticing and she nods,

"Yay." Dwyn yells and I kiss her cheek. What a daughter I have. I enter her room and stand her up on the floor before she runs to her wardrobe.

"Pick out a nice dress Dwyn. But one you won't ruin with ice cream." I ask and she comes out with one of her green dresses.

"Watch me change myself Daddy!" Dwyn exclaims and she does it herself. Minimal help needed. I just sit there on her small bed, my insides dropping.

She starts school in a few months, she'll be a few months into being a 5 year old then.

She's growing up fast,

and that's what worries me.