I saw the sign

"It's just not fair"! Beverly stomps across her floor, her parents left her alone for the evening, which she hated...she was scared. She hated being left alone in the empty house ever since IT. Not that she felt perfectly safe with her parents here. She sighed. She stomped down the stairs to see if any of her friends would want to hang out. "Why do I even bother"? She kicked a rock on the ground. No one was out, just her. She looked up at the pale moon. "I'll be fine" she squinted her eyes. She had to make it home before curfew.

Eddie sat on his bed reading funny books as his mom worked on dinner downstairs. He looked out his window to see Bev walking down the street. He wondered why she was out so close to curfew. He shrugged. He could hear the phone ring, not that his mom didn't have any friends, but he wondered who on earth was calling their house. "Eddie"! He heard his mother yell. He went down the stairs and took the phone and his mother gave him questioning eyes to which he just shrugged back at her. "Hello"? He said confused. "Hello girly boy" IT's voice growled, Eddie threw the phone and gasped. "Eddie oh Eddie who was that"?? His mother put his aspirator in his mouth. Eddie gathered himself to a calm level. "Nothing it was just a prank call" he looked into the eyes of his mother. Her eyes seemed strange. "Alright, just go wash up for dinner" she sighed leaving him.

The next day the club was back in the barrens to discuss what was to happen next. "IT called you?!" Stan said alarmed after Eddie told them what happened. "Yeah but I'm fine" he assured the scared friend. "We've got to do something " Stan says. "Like we haven't been doing already"! Bev yells in frustration. Ben pats her on the back as she starts crying. "W-w-well figure s-s-something o-out" bill assures everyone. Bev gets up "when"?! She cries in her panicked state. "Bev it's alright calm down" Ben guides her back to the log she previously sat on.

Richie makes his way to the barrens and as he enters he feels something is wrong more then before at least. "What's wrong "? He asked sitting down next to Eddie. "Nothing" bev wipes under her eyes. "W-w-were deciding w-w-what to d-do next" Bill explains. Richie glances at Eddie and he silently agrees to tell him what happened later. Richie spends the rest of the time trying to make everyone laugh. "Beep beep Richie" bev laughs. Feeling much better.

"So Bev panicked"? Richie asks Eddie who now sat across from him in the grass eating ice cream. "Yeah" he confirms. "Stan and bev are pretty worried, so am I" Eddie sighs putting his spoon in his ice cream. "We'll be fine eds, we'll kill IT" he smiles at him. "Yeah" Eddie says suspiciously. "Yeah" Richie nods. The two sit until Eddie finishes and they get up. They stay at Richies home like usual. "What to do now"?? Richie hums. Eddie smirks. Richie leans in to kiss him. This was a great perk of dating each other, it was something that made them happy during this dark time. " I love you" Eddie smiles "I love you too" he replies. The two stay cuddled up together.

The two boys went back to the barrens the next day to get right back to planning. "Hey" Bill smiles as they sit down. Richie and Eddie sat down. Bev smiled at them. "How's it going with you two"? Mike asked, "fine why?" Eddie raises his eyebrow. "No reason just wondering" he smiled. Eddie sighed. " we're all just curious that's all" Bev laughed. Seeing that this made Bev happier the gang kept poking at the only couple. Eddie stopped caring because it took all their minds off of IT.

"Well that was odd" Richie chuckled pulling Eddie closer as they were alone in the barrens like usual. "Yeah" Eddie kissed him. They continued doing so until "shit its curfew " Richie looks at his watch. He moves too fast and Eddie falls off of him. "Oh sorry eds" he laughed. "Not funny" Eddie rubbed his head from the ground. " hahahaha" Richie gets up and grabs eddies good arm to pull him up. "Beep beep Richie" he slaps his arm. "We've got to get home, my folks are gonna kill me as soon as they realize I didn't die" Richie starts to walk. Eddie catches up. The two nearly run home. They stand at the halfway point of both their homes. They kissed as no one was around. "See ya later alligator " Eddie laughed. "After a while crocodile" Richie waved.

The air was thick today in Derry. "W-w-we've come a l-long way f-from where w-we began" bill said to the loser club. " we have" Mike agreed. "We'll beat IT, no problem" he continued "just like on Neibolt street" Stan sighs. " c-come on w-w-we've got this"! Bill yelled. He was overwhelmed. Bev hugs him and soon everyone is. Richie hugs Eddie from behind him, putting his head on his. Eddie smiled up at him. The losers club sat in silence breathing in heavy air.