Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Alexis woke up alone the next morning.

However, she found herself dressed in one of Justin's large t-shirts rather than being naked as she remembered.

Justin had offered her no further explanation last night, passing out moments after sharing his startling news with her.

Alexis sat up, putting the pieces together once again, just like she had done the night before.

Now she knew who Jared was, and why his photo could be found throughout Jeremy Bieber's mansion.

He had been Justin's younger brother.

But exactly how long ago had he died, and how?

She didn't even believe that Justin at full rage would be capable of harming, let alone killing, his own brother. Something just wasn't adding up.

Alexis needed more answers, and she wasn't sure how long she could give Justin before demanding them.

She changed quickly. Putting on a simple black sundress with spaghetti straps and some sandals.

Her bedrest may not have technically been over, but she knew she couldn't stand another day locked up in their room.

Alexis was surprised to see that there was no man standing outside of her door, and took it as another sign to go find Justin.

As always, her first stop was his office.

However, as she approached the office doors, Chase intercepted her, quickly leading her away.

"What's going on?" Alexis questioned as Chase took her at least fifteen feet away from the door.

"He's in a meeting."

"I can assure you that what I have to say to him is much more important than his meeting." Alexis replied.

She was never one to interrupt Justin when he was working, but now was as good of a reason as ever.

"I'm sure he'll be done in a few minutes, Alexis."

"Who is he in there with? Because unless it's the pope, I'm walking in."

Chase just shook his head. "It's more important than the pope."

Alexis shifted back a bit, wondering what Chase could mean by that. "Who is it then?"

"Victor Bieber."

Alexis felt her eyes widen slightly. She had entirely forgotten her vague memories from the hospital. She remembered hearing Jeremy tell his son that Victor would be flying into town.

Her stomach twisted. "It's because of me. He's here because of me."

"Alexis-"

"No." She cut Chase off quickly. "I know that you know what's going on. What is Justin trying to do?"

"I'm not at liberty to discuss." Chase sighed.

Alexis' stomach tightened all the more. "How long is he here for?"

"Just the day."

"That's it?" Alexis was shocked. What could Victory Bieber be accomplishing in Chicago in less than twenty-four hours?

Chase nodded, providing no additional information as Luke approached the two of them from the side.

"Justin would like for you to join them, Alexis." Luke spoke, shocking Alexis entirely.

"Me? What's this about?" She couldn't help but feel all the more anxious.

"Come." Luke replied, not answering her questions.