Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Justin sat up abruptly, the sour twist in his dreams causing him to wake.

He took in a deep breath to shake his head of the thoughts. That teddy bear was haunting him, along with its note.

Threats were hiding in plain sight now, and it worried him. Was this war that Paul predicted coming sooner than he thought? Was there even a war at all?

Justin made a mental note to have a meeting with Josh when it wasn't such an indecent hour of the night.

"Hey." Alexis' voice came, shifting his attention.

Her soft hand slid across his back as she sat up next to him, her chin resting on his shoulder. "You okay?"

Justin nodded, looking back to meet her eyes with him. "I'm good, just thinking is all."

Alexis sat up a little straighter. "Is everything alright? Did something happen?"

Justin shook his head to relieve her.

"Was there another threat?" She spoke a little quieter.

Justin hesitated for a moment, seeing the traces of fear in her eyes.

"No." He shook his head. "No threat."

Alexis nodded hesitantly and Justin felt somewhat guilty.

"Good." Alexis sighed, kissing his shoulder.

Justin smiled at her and she was quick to return it.

Her kisses rose a little higher, peppering towards his neck.

Justin raised an eyebrow and looked at the clock. "What are you doing?"

Alexis smirked and Justin noticed the look of mischievousness that overcame her features.

"Just trying to take your mind off of things." She whispered, her hand sliding across his hard chest and up his neck where her kisses were.

She buried her hand in his hair before tugging at his earlobe with her teeth.

Justin let out a small groan and shifted his face closer to hers.

Alexis pulled back until her nose was lined up with his. She was already somewhat out of breath.

However, that didn't stop her from moving the last two inches and planting her lips on his.

Justin groaned again when he felt the passion in her simple kiss that quickly grew into a breathless frenzy of tongue battling and hair grabbing.

Finally she pulled away, taking a moment to catch her staggered breath.

Justin was attuned to her. To her emotions, to her body.

And therefore, he knew exactly where she was going with her kisses.

His hands came up, brushing the hair away from her face before holding onto her cheeks.

"Alexis, sweetheart, there's no need to rush. If you're not one hundred percent ready then I can wait until you are. I waited years for you once, remember?"

Alexis nodded, drawing her lip into her mouth. "I know, but I need this. Just like that night at my parents' house when you woke me from my nightmare about Mike."

Justin nodded.

"I need to know that everything is going to be okay again. And only you can make me feel that way, Justin."