Chapter 4

I wake up to the sun shining brightly through my bedroom window. I groan a little bit and roll over on my side. I look around my room, and notice a passed out Sadie strewn across my floor with her blankets spread around her.

Why she is on the floor remains a mystery. I don't plan on finding out either, because it's no big deal. I'm a terrible best friend sometimes.

Then I go over to my bedside table and grab my phone. The time read 11:34 a.m.

Dang, we slept pretty late. Good thing it's Saturday.

I turned around to head to the bathroom across the hall. I wish I had my own, but not everyone is that rich.. Just kidding.

I fix fuzzy hair and do my other business.

Sadie is still fast asleep when I come back to my room. She's snoring a little, then I get a really good idea.

Man oh man. I'm so evil. I snicker to myself as I think about what I'm about to do

I slowly creep up to Sadie, then pounce on her. She shoots up into a kneeling position, doing some ninja kicks and moving her arms through the air.

I take a few steps back. We both stayed in complete silence. Then I bursted out into crazy maniac laughter.

Sadie moves out of her attacking position, and stands up with her hands on her hips and a bored look on her face.

"That was... The most... Amazing thing.. I have... Ever seen!" I manage to say in between laughing. She just stands there until I'm done.

When I am, she walks up to me and smacks my arm. "What in the world is wrong with you?! I was innocently sleeping, and then all of the sudden I'm attacked and have to break out my ninja moves!" She half yells.

"Well I couldn't resist!" I defend. "You looked so sweet and angelic. All over the floor, mouth hanging open, with your drool and snoring."

Sadie glares at me. "You are truly the daughter of the devil."

"I know. He would be so proud. Anyway, let's go get food." I say my way to my door.

We walk down the hallway to the kitchen, and see my brother and mother sitting at the table talking.

"Well there you are, girls!" My mom greets us with a smile. "I thought I would have to make Ian wake you up."

Ian is my little brother. He's three years younger than me. He also has dark hair like me, but his eyes are blue like my mom's. My mom's hair isn't as dark but it's still a light brown. I get most of my looks from her too. But my brown eyes are from my dad. His are just little different. Ian and I just got darker hair. I don't think my dad's is very dark. My dad and I don't look very much alike but we act like each other, and I have a few features of his.

Ian has also developed a slight crush on Sadie. To say she doesn't like it would be an understatement. She is actually mortified by it. I think it's funny.

"Actually, no I think we would've been good either way." Sadie replies as she sits next to my mom at our table that seats six people.

"Are you sure, honey bun?" Ian asks with a smug grin. I take a seat next to him.

"Yup," she responds. "And don't call me honey bun."

"One day you'll warm up to me. And I'll cherish that day."

"Stop being a creep, Ian." I say with a sigh. "You're weirding her out, and she might stop being my friend."

"It's not my fault she has the hots for me. And practically drools over the size of my muscles." He said.
I roll my eyes.