Chapter 10

It's been over two weeks since Sadie and I hung out with the band boys. It's a Friday, and I'm at home. I'm watching E! News. It's one of my favorite shows and I like to listen to the latest celebrity drama and everything that goes on in their amazing lives. It's interesting and entertaining. I was totally engrossed in a new story over a celebrity, when my phone vibrates on my bed next to me. I pick up my phone and I have a text. From Mason. This is new.

From: Mason|6:37 P.M.
Hey. I know you know who this is. Be ready in 10 minutes. I'm picking you up.

I didn't give him my number. Sadie. Why do you do this to me?

To: Mason|6:38 P.M.
What makes you think I want to go?

I have no idea where that came from.

From: Mason|6:39 P.M.
I'm at your house right now. Just get ready. Your mom knows too. ;)

I hop off my bed and run to the window that faces the front yard. There's a car in the driveway that I don't recognize. I'm not very good with cars. I'm looking at my phone getting ready to reply, when my door flings open. Mason stands there with a smile on his face and Ian is behind with with and evil grin on his own.

A look of pure shock covers my face, and I don't try to hide it. Wow, he meant it when he said he would come back in two weeks. Mason walks in and I realize what I must look like. I'm wearing black short shorts, a tank top, and my hair is in a really messy bun.

Oh gosh. Fiddlesticks.

"Um... W-what are you doing here?" I stutter, shock seeping in my voice.

"Well we're going out-" Mason starts.

"On a date." Ian interrupts. I shoot him a glare, he backs out of my room.

"No." Mason continues. "To have fun. Ian showed me your room, and your mom is very inviting."

"So you just come into girls' rooms?" I raise a brow.

"Ian opened the door and your mom wanted me to come in here." He defends.

"And Ian is evil. He wanted to take action and try to humiliate me."

"What for?"

I gesture to myself.

"You look fine." He waves his hand dismissively. My cheeks get warm. "Anyway, are you ready?"

"Again." I gesture to myself. "I got that text like three minutes ago. Give me a little more time."

"Okay, Emmy." He says in a playful tone and I give him a look. "Just a nickname." I shake my head. He chuckles and walks out, shutting the door behind him.

I quickly go to my closet and take a pair of light denim capris, a coral colored v-neck, and silver flats. I put the clothes on, go to the mirror, and add a couple coats of mascara on my lashes to make my light brown eyes stand out. I fix my bun and pull two side pieces out and let them hang. I put my phone and a twenty dollar bill in my pocket. I spray a little perfume on myself, blow out a breath, and walk out into the hallway.

I walk into the living room. Dad and Mason are talking about music. Ian is listening and mom is smiling at them. My dad seems okay with Mason and they seem comfortable talking. My dad isn't very strict, but he is protective if something would happen to Ian or I.

Mason catches my eye and stands up. I walk over and stand next to him. Mom and dad also stand, and mom grins at me. Dad has a smirk. I roll my eyes at them. Mom says to us, "Be safe and have fun."

"We will." I tell her.

"Not too much fun." Ian butts in and we all give him a look.

"Ian, watch what you say." Mom scolds him.