Chapter 20

It's Friday night now and I'm with Sadie at her house. We're watching tacky movies and eating junk foods. She hasn't said anything about what's going on with her and Matthew yet. I'm not going to push it though. Sadie did tell her parents and they told her brother. Sadie claims they took it surprisingly well.

"Maybe all of this happened for a reason, Em. Maybe it was a sign." Sadie says softly. I'm in the middle of stuffing my face with popcorn. "I've just gotta keep moving on. I don't have to stay here and feel like crap all day." She adds.

"That's right." I agree with her. "It's not the end. You keep going. Whatever happens has to happen for some reason."

"Thank you, Emerson. For everything."

"Your welcome. It's what I'm here for."

She hugs me. "A lot of crap has happened and you've been here for me the whole time."

I smile at her when she pulls back. "I'm your best friend."

"So, have you heard when your family gets to go home?" Sadie questions once she's settled back in her blankets and stuffing her face.

"Nope, not yet but I feel like they will be soon." I say.

"That's good." She comments. I nod.

The night goes as normally as it usually does, with our girl talk and eating the junk we have.

   The next day, I'm at the hospital when Doctor Jenson comes in the room. He tells me that my family is healing just fine and that they can go home now.

I smile as Ian secretly gives the nurse a look when he gets his neck brace taken off. Nurses help the three of them get out of their beds. The doctor tells us that they need to be careful and take their medications correctly.

We get to my car at one point and we go home. We settle down in the living room after I help them put their stuff away and organized. Sadie comes over with muffins to see how they're doing. We all sit around in the living room and watch and entertainment show on the TV.

"What happened to my neck brace?" Ian asks.

"You don't have to wear it anymore, sweetie. Only if your neck starts to hurt again." Mom answers.

We turn our attention back to the show. Right at the time we do, a picture of MARJ pops up. There's some more information on relationships and who the lead singer's girlfriend is. Thankfully they don't actually know my name or anything. There's also been a fight between a band member and a celebrity or something.

My jaw drops as some of the photo shoot and hotel pictures show up.

"Is that?" Dad asks.

"Uh huh." Ian speaks.

"Emerson?" Sadie questions.

"Oh boy." I say and listen to the people talking about the relationship between Mason and the anonymous girl that's been going on for months.

"Mason said they already aired an entertainment show that talked about us. I don't get it." I mutter to myself.

Then the subject of Mason Marrs and his girlfriend changes with a picture of Zeke's fist connected to another person's face.

My phone rings out on the table next to me. Everyone in the room looks at it. I reach over and pick it up. It's Mason. I tap the answer button and bring it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Emerson, I just saw the show. I didn't know they were going to air a second one."

"It's okay, Mason. I saw it and it's not a big deal."