Chapter 12

Mason and I talked more and more all night, and I helped pick everything up. Even though we argued once again, that I shouldn't help him.

Right now we're in his car and I'm looking out the window while humming to the radio. It's almost midnight, so its pretty dark. We drive through the quiet town and a few minutes later we're at my house. It always ends like this: I say I had a good time, and he says the same thing.

Tonight, Mason gets out of the car and walks to my side. Before he can open my door for me, I pop it open and get out. I grin at him and he gives me a dirty look. "My arms work." I say.

"I know, but you're trying to make me look really bad here." He frowns.

"It's okay. I'll let you open my door for me next time." I pat his arm.

He grins at me and wiggles his eyebrows. "There's going to be a next time?"

I roll my eyes and scoff. He laughs again. "Thank you for taking me out." I change the subject.

"It's funny, because every time we're with each other we always end the day like this." He says.

I laugh and look into his eyes. They sparkle a little with his bright smile. Now I see why all of those girls fangirl over him. He slowly starts to lean in closer and I don't move. I never thought of him wanting to kiss me at the end of the night. While I'm having an anxiety attack, his eyes flick down to my lips and he presses his lips on mine. My stomach explodes with fireworks as we kiss for a couple of minutes. He pulls back and rests his forehead on mine, and looks at me. We stand there like that, his hands holding mine. We probably look so weird but I don't care. I don't know what that kiss meant, but it didn't mean nothing. We probably aren't ready for a relationship, but that's okay. I'm not rushing anything.

I smile at him and step back, and he lets me go. He asks, "You want to come with me and the guys tomorrow? Sadie can come too."

"Okay, I'll come. I'll talk to Sadie."

"We'll pick you up at two. We're going to the city to do some things."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye." He smiles at me and I almost melt.

Somehow, I keep my legs working and make my way up to the door. I pull out my key and unlock the door, then turn to look back at Mason. He has a half smile on his face, hands in his pockets, and is leaning against his car.

I smile at him and go inside. My parents are asleep on the couch, and mom is leaning on dad. I walk over and tap her lightly on the shoulder. She slowly opens her eyes and sees me. She smiles. "Hey honey. How was your night?"

"It was great. Thanks for waiting for me, but you guys can go to bed now." I tell her.

"Okay, I'm glad you had a good time."

"Goodnight. Love you."

"Love you too. Sleep well." She stands and wakes dad up.

"You too mom." I chuckle.

I head to my room, grab some clothes out of my closet, and go to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I go back to my room. I pull my hair up into a pony tail and wipe off my makeup. In the process of doing all of that, I hear laughing coming from somewhere in my room. I look around slowly. What the? Has a demon come to get me? Then a hand peeks out from under my bed, and I scream. Sadie scoots out from under my bed laughing.

"You scared me!" I scowl.

She laughs again. "Gotcha!"
Jerk.

"What the heck are you still doing here?" I ask.