Chapter 23

It's the day before Christmas Eve and I'm pretty excited. I already gave all of my friends their presents since I'm going to my grandparent's house tomorrow.

Today, I'm spending the day by wrapping gifts. The doorbell rings and mom gets up to answer it.

"Somebody got flowers!" Mom announces when she comes back in the room.

I look up at her and see that she's holding a very pretty bouquet of flowers. "Who got you those, mom?" I ask as I stick a bow on a wrapped present.

"They're not for me." She says.

"Ian, are you getting out there?" I joke and look at my brother.

He gives me a dirty look. I laugh.

"Em, they're for you." Mom states.

I put the tape down and get up. "Really?"

"Yeah."

I take the flowers and look at the tag. "They're from Mason."

"Those are pretty. I've always like that boy." Mom replies.

"Remind me to thank him later." I set the flowers down and get back to wrapping presents.

"Where's dad?" Ian asks.

"He went to get more wrapping paper and bows." Mom answers.

We go back to the task. Ian throws down the tape and paper after a few minutes. "I'm done!" He gets up and limps like a sass queen to the kitchen. "Cookies!"

Mom and I laugh.

"He's gonna have a fit when he realizes that he wasn't even wrapping a gift. It was just a box." I say.

Mom laughs again. "That was all we needed to wrap. I'll have your dad load them up later. He went to the store for no reason, apparently." She says and sits on the couch.

I pick up my flowers then go to my room. I decide to call Mason and thank him for the flowers before I forget.

He answers on the third ring. "Hello?" He says groggily.

I laugh lightly. "Did you just wake up?"

"From a nap."

"It's supper time. It's after six here."

"I know. It was a long day."

"Anyway, thank you for the flowers."

"Oh, your welcome. I just had to get you something."

"No you didn't, but I still love them."

"Well, I'm glad you do. So, I have to ask you something."

"Oh boy."

"It's nothing bad, I promise. It's totally up to you."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"There's this event type thing that's in about a week for the holidays and all that good stuff. The band is performing there along with some others and I wanted to know if you'd want to come watch."

"Sure, where is it?" I ask.

"A few hours from your town."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's just sort of a mini concert but without the crazy dramatic things going on, I guess."

"Okay, gotcha. I'll come, just remind me about the details."

"Will do."

"So, are Sophie and Axel official yet? I haven't seen Sophie lately." I question.

"I think they are and I also they think they won't need that double date anymore." He says.