Chapter 4- Phone Call

AFTER THIS CHAPTER, MOVIE PLOTLINES WILL BEGIN

ENJOY 

- - -

Zoey's POV (June 1, 2012) - age twenty three -

I look out the window at the birds flying in the sky, sketching them quickly and basic as they move further towards the horizon.

Once they are gone I fill in the details, sketching and shading until I'm happy with the drawing, fixing mistakes as I go.

I put my notepad down and look at the clock. I hope that took up at least an hour

10 minutes.

I sigh and grab my guitar, sitting on my bed and nestling it in my lap.

I strum a few chords until I have a nice tune going, slowly and steady.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed," I sing.

My mind starts to wander and I think about the past couple of days.

I miss mum.

"When you get what you want but not what you need."

My step-loser Stu took her on some romantic getaway.

In fucking France.

"When you feel so tired but you can't sleep."

She asked what they were getting away from, and the asshole said me.

He better have been joking.

"Stuck in reverse."

Dickhead.

The saddest part was, she just laughed.

She didn't stick up for me or put him in his place, like she used to, back when they first started dating.

She's just sort of withered away, into nothing but a wife who worships her husband.

She's changed.

"Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you." I sing, filling the sad silence of the house with equally depressing music.

I don't miss mum because she's in another country, I miss her because she's not my mum anymore.

She's different, she's changed.

It's been a long time since he came to live with us, and they've kept me in this house ever since. I wasn't allowed to get my own job after graduation, or move into my own place or have my own friends.

I did nothing all day. It's like they were moulding me into the perfect housewife.

I've spent years simply using the internet to study online instead of at college, and 

I finish the song, tears trickling slowly down my cheeks.

I look at the clock, it's nighttime over there, where as its evening here.

I sigh and put my guitar back on its stand, going into 'their' room and through to the balcony.

I sit in one of the fancy white deck chairs and try to relax.

Come on Zoey, think of distractions to stop you thinking about your fucked up family.

I look over the railing and see a soccer ball on next door's roof.

Ball- Round-  Captain America's shield is round- The captain himself- That face- He was my whole childhood-

Except for mum.